Thursday, February 6, 2020

Book Review - The Haunting of Maddy Clare

I am still catching up on books I finished in late 2019. This was a good one!

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I think that this is my favorite Simone St. James book that I have read so far! Sarah is working for a temp agency and they set her up with an interview with Alistair for an assistant position but the terms are very vague. Alistair and his male assistant were in WWI together and have been documenting ghost sightings across England, but Matthew is off for family reasons and Sarah steps in to help with the next job. Maddy Clare hung herself in the barn of house where she worked. Maddy did not like men so only a woman will be allowed entry to the barn which is where Sarah comes into play.

If you like ghost stories and supernatural events, this book is for you! The story was very engaging and the underlying mystery was very timely even though the novel was set in the 1920's. I liked the interactions between the characters and the oddness of the people who lived in the town where the events took place. The subterfuge, the interactions with the ghost, the climax.... Everything was different from the other books by St. James. More intense.

This will be one of my top recommendations for a book with supernatural events!


No comments: