Sunday, November 8, 2020

Review - The Night Away

Five Stars from me!


*Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for the free copy for my honest review.*

Amber and George are new parents to Mabel and seem to now have everything they have ever wanted, but Amber is struggling silently with post partum depression. Ruby, Amber's sister, is insisting that she watch Mabel and Amber and George take a night away. But no one realizes that someone has been watching Amber and Mabel. And then Mabel disappears under Ruby's watch.

This book had my attention from the start, which doesn't happen often. The story was intriguing and the misdirection throughout was fantastic! The characters were likeable at times, but I also felt like the pain of the situation was a bit of karma in the end. I did end up feeling quite bad for Ruby for the situation but also for how the family treated her after the abduction.

The pacing of the story and the misdirections and twists kept this novel new and very interesting and I can't wait to read more of Jess Ryder's novels!

No comments: