Sunday, August 26, 2007

Feeling good now

First off, I want to say thanks to all of you who posted comments on the 'Irritating Men' thread. I appreciate the thoughts, concerns and advice. Just an update, I haven't heard from him today and I haven't tried texting him. It has been nice having a day to myself.

I got up this morning, had some breakfast and ran to the grocery store. While I was there, I found something very interesting. And YUMMY! A couple of months ago, my aunt Carol brought pints of ice cream to my sister's house and we all went CRAZY over them. United Dairy Farmers is one of the biggest and best known companies in the Greater Cincinnati area and they make great (and inexpensive) ice cream. Carol brought over pints of Root Beer Float and Red Cream Soda ice creams. The flavors are flavored sherbert mixed with ice cream. The root beer float was OK, but we all went crazy over the red cream soda. Ethan and Spencer LOVED it! Today at the grocery store, I was looking at the ice creams and ran across the red cream soda (pictured below) and found this little doozy right next to it.



Cherry Coke was my all-time favorite pop before Weight Watchers. I came home and tasted it. It tastes just like the foam on the top of a float with some ice cream mixed in. Wonderful!!

I also cleaned up the basement after Maddy and I sewed yesterday and I straightened my sewing area before moving everything back in.

Here is the front view of my sewing area. By the way, that is Bubba in the middle of the table - Maddy and I decided that since it is a Brother machine, it's name should be Bubba.


This is what is on the shelves behind my desk and chair.


And this is what I look at (other than the sewing) while I am in the chair.

That is Murder She Wrote on the TV.

Unfortunately, I can't show you my fabric stash because it is in my spare bedroom and is not quite under control. That should go on my 'to do' list but at the very bottom!

I picked up my border fabrics for the Ugly Quilt and was able to get it all done today. (Hope you like it, Mom!) The peachy salmon inner border really pops in person.



Other than the sewing and straightening of the sewing area, I did laundry today. I got corn from the store and made myself a turkey burger and 2 ears of corn for dinner. It was awesome! And yesterday, Maddy and I were able to finish our homework for the purse class. Once we were done with that, Maddy asked to see my blog and read everything from start to finish. She loved all of the comments, especially the past dating experiences that were left.

I think that there was something else that I was going to post about, but I can't remember. If I do, there will be one more post tonight.
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Love your sewing space! Your quilt turned out very beautiful, so now you will need to stop calling it "the ugly quilt" Maddy seems like such a great friend to you, I'm glad she enjoyed your blog. Kristie
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Thanks for showing us your sewing area. I don't think the quilt is ugly at all so you'll have to quit calling it that. It sounds like you had a great day and now all I can think about is ice cream. Cindy
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
Why do you call this the ugly quilt? Did you name it that? I like it....and thanks for sharing your sewing area. Someday I'll have to show you mine.
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
I call the quilt my 'ugly' quilt because it is way to busy for me. But at least I learned how to do a stack and whack. The sample in the store was way more busy than this one - 9 light and 9 dark floral fabrics. I tried to tone mine down a little. And once I started calling it the ugly quilt, I couldn't stop.
Permanent Link
Monday, August 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by maryann64
Hi glad you had a good day. Some times we need time to ourselves. The ice cream since I have been I won't use the diet word watching my weight I have really really missed my ice cream. I have only had it once this summer chocolate, peanut butter mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Love your quilt. Hugs Mary Ann
Permanent Link
Monday, August 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
You've got a great sewing area!! I think your ugly quilt is turning out really nice. =)

1 comment:

Rose Marie said...

I like your sewing table and your spool rack is nifty. The ugly quilt, what ugly quilt? It's lovely and I would take that off your hands any day.