Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ugh - Are all men this irritating?

Maybe I shouldn't start out that way. I am sure that I will get quite a few doosie comments from this.

I have been grumpy today. Well, for the past couple of days. I have been irritated with The Date. When we have talked on the phone, he has been repeating things that I say and it is quite annoying.

I really started noticing it on Wednesday night when I was driving home from Brandi's. I was sleepy and called him to talk while I drove home. All he did was repeat what I said. Not mimicking, just repeating.

Him: So, your driving home? What exit are you at?
Me: Just passed Milford.
Him: You just passed Milford, huh?

I want to start screaming, "YES, I JUST PASSED MILFORD. DIDN'T I JUST SAY THAT? WHY WOULD I SAY THAT IF I HADN'T JUST PASSED MILFORD." But I restrained myself on Wednesday. On Thursday, I discussed it with a co-worker and she said that maybe he was watching TV or playing video games because that is how her hubby is when he is doing that. I thought that was an acceptable answer so I figured I would just drop it.

But I am the type of person that once I notice something or something starts annoying me, I can't ignore it. I noticed it Thursday and Friday when we talked, but it wasn't as pronounced, but man, I was giving him grief over nothing. I was just being downright grumpy. I admit it.

Tonight, I made Maddy leave from our day of sewing so I could get ready for our date. Now, I had to veto what his original idea was - going to a dirt racing track. NOT my idea of a good time. We ended up going to dinner and an IMAX movie. I had a good time, but was bored by the time we got to the theater. AND I noticed that he was repeating me again. I started trying to point it out to him, but I don't think that he got it. When he repeated me, I would say, "Yes, that's what I said." Then he would laugh and call me a smart a$$.

I called Maddy once I got to the theater and into the bathroom and she made me laugh. Actually, I was snorting when I was trying to talk to her because I was trying to be quiet and the toilets kept flushing automatically and that was making me laugh even harder.

I feel bad, but UGH!!! He was asking me to go to Lake Cumberland with him in about 3 weeks. I just don't understand that.

Any thoughts?
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Some men are just really irritating. If this is bothering you now and he doesn't get it when you point it out then maybe it's time to move on before you spend too much time on him. It's like he's there but not listening to you. With this and him always talking about his ex wife, RUN. Cindy
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps
I would probably become really busy and not be as available a break it off. Definatly doesn't sound like someone you want to be spending alot of time with :0) Good luck.
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
The funny thing is, he hasn't mentioned his ex-wife since last Monday night. And I think that I will be getting busier. Even after last night and me being grumpy, he wanted to see me today. Actually, I think that he wanted me to watch him play a double header of softball this evening. And he has b*tched about softball the last 3 nights he played. When I told him I didn't know what was going on today, he asked me what about tonight (like I hadn't said anything). Then got ticked off when I put him off again. Oh well.
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Yep..they are.
Posted by take2quilter
I wish I could just be satisfied with my life as a single woman...but you know hugs and kisses are just necessary things. And Tucker doesn't hug to well. His kisses are always nice though a little sloppy. I hope you can get it through his head that this is bothering you and if not, just keep on searching. You look like a beautiful girl Jill. He's out there for you...now, me? at 57...I don't know.
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
I think you should just be honest with him and tell him if you feel this is not going to work out, otherwise, it just puts stress on you, and that is not what you need. He sounds like he is an attention seeker, or one of those who cannot be happy no matter what. Some people thrive on conflict and unhappiness, (his complaining about softball...if he hates it, why doesn't he just quit?) I told my husband about him repeating himself, and he said some people have occupations that teach them to repeat everything that is said to assure the the other party that they were heard, and that they understood. What does he do for a living? At any rate, this early in the relationship, if you were really hitting it off, you wouldn't want to think about anything but him, and it doesn't sound like that is the case. Sometimes people just try too hard. Be yourself, enjoy your life the way it is, and if prince charming is out there for you, he will appear when you least expect it. Have a good day and be good to YOU. Michelle
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by maryann64
Morning don't they (whoever they are) that quilters have patience. For me the older I got the more I had this idea of a perfect male (no such thing nor a perfect female) so slow down, follow your gut and have a good time. Hugs Mary Ann
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Hmmmm, maybe tell him that the repeating thing is really obnoxious and see if he stops. I mean, what do you have to lose if he doesn't comply? You ditch him now. How far from you is this lake? Like is this a going away together type trip? Or are we talking like 90 minutes there, 90 minutes back?
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
Sorry, I should have elaborated on that. The lake is a weekend trip. It would be an overnighter. It took me by surprise when he said that I should plan on going with him because there have ben no overnighters in town, why would there be one out of town? I am wondering if he thought that asking me to go would speed the process of me being comfortable enough with him for 'things' to happen. In a way, it creeped me out a little.
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
Ok, now I know you are all going to go 'UGH' when I say this, but 'things' didn't happen with my husband and I for MONTHS after we started dating. I had respect enough for myself to take things slow and be SURE of my feelings for him.(Remember, you need to be friends first) Don't do 'things' early on that you will regret if it doesn't work out. You are right...I wonder if he wasn't try to see how you felt about things by inviting you to an 'overnight' to see if you would agree or not. We sure wouldn't want you to go, then not let 'things' happen, and have it turn into a very large unpleasant experience. You also do not know him well enough to go away with him for the weekend. Maybe things are different with adults than with high school kids dating, but I'm sure the principles are the same. The slower you take things will tell you just how serious he is, or if he is in it just for 'things'. I'm sorry if I am sounding like your mother, but I am old enough to be your mother, and I have been married 32 years in just a few weeks. Michelle

No comments: