Thursday, August 23, 2007

My exciting evening

Last night, I went to my friend Brandi's house to meet her daughter, Carolyn. Carolyn was born Valentine's Day this year and I hadn't been able to make it out to the house until last night. There was lots going on with Brandi - adjusting to being a mom, the loss of a grandparent - and we just hadn't been able to connect. I went to Brandi and Tim's house after work and Brandi was nice enough to make dinner for us. Carolyn is so cute!! I had to take pictures for an old co-worker of ours so I figured that I would post one of her pics here. OK, maybe 2 because there is one of Carolyn and Brandi that I really like!

In this picture, Brandi was reading a book to Carolyn and Carolyn was dancing on the blanket. She was so excited to be looking at the book and having Brandi read to her. It was very sweet!


I have always been jealous of Brandi's hair because it is naturally curly and very pretty when it's long, but she looks great when it is short. Mine - I have to perm to do pretty much anything to it. Carolyn looks like she will get her mommy's curls!


After Carolyn went to bed, Brandi was telling me about the changes that they had made to the house. Tim is a computer guy and used to run a business out of the home so they had a fairly good sized room dedicated to his office and the family room had a huge brick wall and hearth. So they decided to move the office and make the room the family room which means that they were getting rid of all of the old office furniture. So, I brought this home for my sewing area:


I haven't gotten it upstairs yet because I have some straightening to do, but at least I brought it in from the car.

Tonight, I am in the process of washing the fabric that I bought at JoAnn's and the bath rugs from my little snafu yesterday morning.

Well, since I didn't post yesterday, nobody knows about my klutzy move. I have a glass of milk every morning. I don't drink coffee and the milk helps with the hypoglycemia stuff in the mornings. Yesterday, I got my milk and the laptop (I surf while drying my hair) and went upstairs trying not to trip on the dogs. I made it into the bathroom and put the glass on the counter and turned to put the laptop down.... Apparently, my pinkie finger didn't clear the glass and the entire glass of milk spilled onto the bath rug, the floor, down the cabinet and all over my leg. UGH!! I had paper towels handy (miraculously!) to clean up the mess. And I thought that I had the dogs. I actually had to invite them to help clean up the mess!

The laundry is almost done, the kitchen is clean and I will be heading to bed very soon!

Saturday, I have a binding class in the morning, Maddy is coming over to sew for a few hours, and then I have a date again. So tomorrow night, I will need to straighten up the house and I also want to move all of the stuff to the basement that I will need for the sewing on Saturday. That way, I won't have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off when Maddy gets here and we will just be able to sew. And since I will be at the quilt shop on Saturday, I am going to try and buy the border fabric for my ugly quilt so that I can finish the top and prepare for the quilting process.

OK, that's enough for now.

Signing off....
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
She is so cute! I miss my boys being that little. Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead. Good luck with your date. Kristie
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by
Jill: Carolyn is sooo cute. You are lucky to have a friend who you get to visit and play with her baby! I miss my nieces being small. My nephew is two but it's different with a baby girl. About the mess in the bathroom that sounds like something I would do. I normally end up being klutzy and don't know how I do have the stuff I do. I would not have to invite Emma to come clean up milk...now if it were french fries there would be no holding my dog back! Hope you have a really great weekend! I am going to the Brad Paisley concert so that's what is on my plate for this weekend. MaureenEdited by MaureenQuilts on Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 09:29 PM
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
The Milk thing is SOOOOO something that would happen to me!!
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
The baby is a doll .I haven't been doing any volunteer work this summer I sure do miss the little ones I love to sit and and hold them .I have my grandchildren but there 13 and 15 so I usually hold them in a head lock LOL .Just kidding there great kids .
Permanent Link
Friday, August 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina
That baby girl is a doll!! Love the curls.........I thought Chelsea was going to have curly hair, but its just kind of wavy. Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned........

No comments: