Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Day Off!!

I was going to post last night (Sunday), but I was busy sewing and preparing to sew today so I decided to post this morning.
Yesterday, I had to be at the St Jude Dream Home by 11:45 to work for the day. My sorority is in charge of the Open Houses and the ticket sales for the Dream Home. We have to have volunteers at the house whenever an Open House is scheduled - right now, it is Saturdays and Sundays until the drawing is done. And the week before the drawing, there are open houses every evening. I was scheduled to work yesterday's open house. Last week was the grand opening and there was over 500 people that went through the house so we didn't know what to expect yesterday. But there were 7 of us working. Usually, there will only be 4, maybe 5. We had 7! We are there to make sure that the props aren't taken and no damage is done to the house and to answer questions. We all spread out around the house and I stationed myself in the basement at a game table. I was very productive - I ate my Subway, made a grocery list, and read about 100 pages in my book. By that time, it was about 4:30 and the House closes at 5, so I went back upstairs. We got to 100 guests for the day and then my chapter left. It was pretty uneventful.
On my way home, I called the Date. He had sent me a text message on Saturday night that he wanted to talk to me and for me to call him. We ended up talking for about 20 minutes and he was asking if I was still mad at him because he thought that I was mad after we had dinner on Wednesday. I told him that I wasn't and he started asking a few questions about what we talked about because he wanted to make sure that he understood everything. And he asked if I wanted to have dinner some time this week. I told him that I would check my calendar because I knew I had something in my calendar but didn't know what it was. And he left it at that - he didn't push for an answer which I was happy about. So I guess that we will be having dinner sometime this week and I will see how he is.
Once I got home from the Dream Home and grocery and got all of the groceries put away, I had some salad and an ear of corn (gotta love the diet!) and then it was upstairs to sew. I got the elastic casings for the kids pants done. I misplaced the note on the sizes of their waists so I have to wait to finish those and I started working on my fruit medley table runner and placemats. I took the class at my LQS in July and just hadn't gotten around to finishing it up. I got all of the pieces cut for the placemats and will sew them today.
Since I took my binding class last week, I have my very first table runner almost done. I am going to my granma's today and will take it over to finish hand sewing the binding on. As soon as that is done, it will be my first ever finished quilted item. I am very excited to get it done and take pictures to show it off!
I hope that today will be just as productive for me!Leave a Comment

Untitled Comment
7:59 PM, Monday, September 3, 2007 .. Posted by CountryQuilter .. Edit .. Delete Slow down Jill, you are killing me. I haven't been getting anything done lately. Kristie
Busy Girl!
8:41 PM, Monday, September 3, 2007 .. Posted by kim .. Edit .. Delete I can't wait to see your photos! Kim
Good job...
9:35 PM, Monday, September 3, 2007 .. Posted by NikkersQuilts .. Edit .. Delete ...on getting your first quilted project finished. I can't wait to see the finished table runner. I've only just started reading about the Date but it sounds to me like you are on the right track. You come first and the other stuff will fall into place in HIS time. Have a great week. Nikki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first finished quilted item