Monday, September 3, 2007

Another WIP finished!

I went to my granma's today to discuss our trip to Myrtle Beach with her and my 2 aunts and cousin. I had to show off my recent projects - the ugly quilt, the big shirt, my Very Badly purse - and they all loved them. I was waiting for a my aunt and granma to give me orders on what colors they wanted for the purse.
While we were talking, I worked on the binding on my table runner that I made at a class in March. I know - that is forever ago, but I just took my binding class to learn how to put it on. I wanted to make sure that I was doing that correctly. I finished the binding and here are pictures of the full view and close up.

Now, onto important matters. We will be leaving for Myrtle Beach on a Saturday morning and stopping in Asheville, SC to see the Biltmore. We will spend the night somewhere close to there. For the week, we will be in Myrtle Beach and will take a day trip or two to Charleston. I need to find quilt shops in Asheville, Myrtle Beach and Charleston. I am very excited to be seeing Charleston again, but am very excited to go to some new quilt shops.
If anyone lives around these areas or knows of shops in those areas, let me know!!
Leave a Comment

Table Runner
9:59 PM, Monday, September 3, 2007 .. Posted by kim .. Edit .. Delete Jill, you did a beautiful job on the table runner! I like the colors and the design is very striking. :) Have a great time on your trip to MB. :) Kim
Untitled Comment
10:34 PM, Monday, September 3, 2007 .. Posted by CountryQuilter .. Edit .. Delete Your trip sounds like a blast! I love your tablerunner, it is beautiful! Kristie
Untitled Comment
10:59 PM, Monday, September 3, 2007 .. Posted by hazel .. Edit .. Delete Your table runner is beautiful ,love the design .Have fun on the shop hop I really like doing them ,but it can get expensive .Well if your a silly girl like me and have to buy something at every shop LOL .
Untitled Comment
11:07 PM, Monday, September 3, 2007 .. Posted by Luv2Quilt .. Edit .. Delete Looks GREAT, Jill, and have fun on your shop hop AND your vacation! Michelle
Untitled Comment
11:50 PM, Monday, September 3, 2007 .. Posted by sewandsnip .. Edit .. Delete Oh I just love the table runner it's such a neat pattern and the colors are great. A shop hop sounds like fun. I've never done one so I can't wait to hear all about it. Cindy
I'm not sure...
9:31 AM, Tuesday, September 4, 2007 .. Posted by NikkersQuilts .. Edit .. Delete why you call your ugly quilt that. Every time I see you write that, I have to stop and look at it. Every time I do I think, "Gee, that is soo pretty." You do really nice work, especially for a beginner. Your table runner is beautiful too. I'd love to have you in any class I teach. Have a great trip. Sounds like y'all will have a lot of fun stuff to do. I would love to see Charleston one day. DH's busy time at work is summer and so with daughter in school it is hard to get away. Be sure to take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you. LOL Nikki
Untitled Comment
2:41 PM, Tuesday, September 4, 2007 .. Posted by cre8tivequilter .. Edit .. Delete Your table runner turned out fantastic!! -Jen www.cre8tivequilter/blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your table runner is awesome. I'm sorry that I missed when you first poseted. I can already tell I missed alot on your blog.. can't wait to finish catching up

Heather