Friday, May 23, 2008

The Dip

I have some really good news - The Dip has opened! I was trying to get a picture of the building while I drove by to show the progress, but there were always workers there and I didn't want to seem like a total doofus by taking a picture as I did a drive by. I mean, I am going to be stopping by there on a semi-regular basis, as I see it, and I didn't want to give a bad first impression before I even had a chance to taste the ice cream!

The place has been open a week today and I still haven't stopped by. It has a drive through window. To me, this is like a dieter's worst nightmare - no need to put out any type of exercise to get the pointless calories in a soft serve cone. Just drive up, order, pay and pick up your treat without breaking a sweat of any kind.

I have come to the conclusion that in order for me to grace The Dip with my presence, I will need to walk to it from my condo and walk back. At least, that is what I am saying now and I still haven't had the pleasure of tasting their goods. And we are still in high 60's weather. When the hot, humid, 90's temps show up, I may be singing a different tune. When that happens, someone just remind me of my plan in a nice subtle manner so that I can effectively ignore you mend my ways.

This is a picture from the side street and it shows the drive through. They are now putting up a wall so that you can't see the drive through from this street. I guess that this will help those who are trying to hide the fact that they are so lazy that they have to use the drive through to get their ice cream. :)

100_0394

This is the view more from the main street. There is a nice little area with benches to eat at and to overlook the main drag in beautiful Fairfield. Really, there's not much to see. Jen can vouch for that.

100_0395

Maybe there is ice cream in my future this weekend.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't picture where this is,jill. Give me a clue,a clue a clue. Love,Mam

Three Birds Inspired said...

Looks like you are stalking the place...Go get some ice cream!! LOL!!

Moneik said...

I'd be stalking the place too. I'm sure you are excited.