Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tuesday - Going Home

Tuesday was a very somber day since we knew that I was leaving. Jen had the day off work so we weren't in a big rush to get packed up for me to get on the road. Jen showed me some tips and techniques for doing applique and I practiced on my table runner that I attempted last December. I think that I have the technique down for sewing everything down. I just need to practice a little more and then I can attempt the table runner again. (Don't be jealous, Reg 1 I!!)

We decided that we should start straightening up our sewing area a little.

100_1020

100_1023

100_1024

The dogs ninjas knew that something was going on. And where the short dogs were, Holly just had to be!

We started to get ready to go to lunch and Mike came home. He was very excited to see that the ninjas were still in the house! We also got some last minute pictures of us and the dogs.

SN852165

Of course, Holly couldn't be left out.

SN852164

And Mike and his new little buddy, Max.

SN852168 I imagine that Max is embarrassed for Mike here! *giggle*

Once I got most of my stuff back in bags, Jen and I headed to IHOP for our last meal together. The purple, one eyed turtle went with.

SN852180

And apparently, the turtle is a bit of a pig!

SN852181

We got the car loaded up while the ninjas whined away and then we were off. I was more prepared for this site on the way home so I was able to get a picture of it. It's a coaster at Six Flags with spiders hanging off it. Yuck!

100_1026

The rest of the drive was uneventful. The dogs didn't get as upset about the toll stops as they did on the way up and we made good time. We stopped at a rest area to stretch our legs and then at a KFC for mashed potatoes and biscuits.

Once we got home, I started unloading the car and the dogs were surprised that we brought a bit of Holly home. Well, Holly's toys that is. There was a toy chest that was overflowing with toys so Jen and Mike gave us some of her less favorite toys for the ninjas to enjoy and destroy.

100_1027

100_1028

After unloading the car and peeing the dogs, we fell into our bed just after 11 PM to get some much needed sleep. The dogs were quite happy!

3 comments:

Moneik said...

You both look like you had so much fun! And made a disaster zone... oh well it's the fun that counts

Cindy said...

It was such a great time I can't wait for it to happen again.

Jen said...

Ohhhh the pink fire hydrant! Giggle. I get a kick out of that one. Note to self; stand up straight when someone is taking your picture you won't look like you're too fat to stand up.