Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sorry, Holly!

I stopped on my way home from work today to pick up some supplies at Joann's and WalMart. While I was walking through WalMart, I figured that I would stop at the pet aisles and see if there were any toys on sale. Holly likes the ducks that have duck callers in them and I found a couple at WalMart. I thought I would get one for the ninjas and get one to send to Holly. When I got home, I removed the tags from one duck and dropped it on the floor. The ninjas attacked it! Maisy wanted to see it and Max got very vocal and loud with her, but she wouldn't give up.

100_1129
You can't really tell in this picture, but Maisy is very upset that he isn't sharing.

So, I broke down and took the tags off the second duck. I figured that the ninjas can play with both ducks for a couple of days and then they won't miss one that gets shipped out. And Holly would probably enjoy having a duck with actual animal smells on it.

100_1130
100_1131

And doesn't she just look so happy with her own duck?

And Patrice got the quilt done today and dropped it off this evening. The dogs agree that it looks just wonderful! I owe Patrice big time!

100_1133

Now, I can get the binding attached so that I can have some hand work to do at Thanksgiving tomorrow!

And lastly, here are the blocks for the Chicken in Every Pot quilt thrown up on my design wall. I figured that since Joann's is having a big sale this weekend, I can stop up there and get the borders for it if I can get the blocks sewn together. And even if I don't get all of the blocks sewn together this weekend, at least this part is done!

100_1137

3 comments:

Gina said...

What is it with dogs and loud toys

Love and hugs Gina xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for thinking about me Auntie Jill!!! Love, Holly

Moneik said...

The quilt looks great. Glad you were able to get it quilted so quickly.