Thursday, July 9, 2009

Scraps

The other night when I was cleaning up the fabric/spare room, I decided to pull all of the scrap bags and containers off of my shelving unit so that I could store all of my UFOs and HSYs together. I thought that this would be a good idea to have all the scraps together so that I could see how much there was to go through and track my progress.

100_1806

I also decided to show what I have done so far. I had been cutting fabric into 5" or 2.5" pieces and putting everything smaller into a bag for crumbs.

100_1809 2.5" container on the left, 5" on the right

100_1810 bag o' crumbs

Since I was sewing in my bedroom up until about a month ago, these containers were there behind my sewing table. When I pulled them out, I unearthed this monstrosity. A bag of scraps that were won at the April retreat. Well, what was left of the scraps that were won after I shared with my friends and the Fabric Thief helped herself. Man, this bag is heavy!

100_1807

Nothing left to do but add it to the pile. I have a lot of work to do to prepare for the Bonnie Hunter classes in August!!

100_1808

I guess I better get to work!!

7 comments:

Regina said...

Mount Scraporama!!! Better hire a sherpa!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Once you get it done, the trick is to keep it up. It took me almost 2 weeks of evening cutting to get a big plastic box cut down to 5", 3 1/2" and 2" squares and also some strips. I belong to the local quilt stores Scrap Therapy class where we meet once a month to make scrap quilts using those sizes.
Amazing how wonderful all those quilts are turning out.

ForestJane said...

I'm jealous, Bonnie Hunter class, and plenty of scraps to take with you! :D

Laura said...

GREAT doggie ohoto! :-) Laura

Laura said...

Arghhh, that should be PHOTO not ohoto. ;-) laura

Linda said...

Love the new blog header with Max and Maisy! Your scraps are already more organized than mine.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

So how is the re-organizing scraps going? Great I hope.. I have alot of crumbs too that I have kept for the occasional applique project. I have 4 or 5 BOM applique quilts that I think would be neat to get done.. Not sure how that will go