Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August Accomplishments

This month, I had a couple of big things going on. The biggest being the weekend in Indianapolis and taking Bonnie Hunter classes. When I got back, I was in a lull, but I think that having Becca in for the weekend gave me just the kick into gear that I needed! Now, if I can just keep that momentum going for the National Sewing Month!!

Quilty Accomplishments
  1. Prepped the backing and the binding for my 2008 BOM quilt
  2. Made 2 popsicle blocks for Sew to Win at Guild
  3. Got some lovely mail from Wales and now I have a ton of projects to make!
  4. Made a good dent on organizing my scraps
  5. Gave away 18.5 yards of fabric!
  6. Threw my Jitterbug YBR blocks on the wall at the shop so that I can start assembling the quilt.
  7. Made a table runner sample for the shop
  8. Went to Indianapolis to take 2 classes from Bonnie Hunter and to spend a weekend with quilty pals! Here, here, and here.
  9. Had Becca over for the weekend! Had a blast with her and ate at IHOP! Woo!!
  10. Finished 3 wallets for Pay it Forward gifts
  11. Made a Runaround Bag
  12. Made and attached 2 borders onto my Wizard of Oz OBW

These last three have been done, I just haven't had a chance to blog about them with pictures yet.

Books read

  1. Kalahari Typing School for Men by Alexander McCall Smith
  2. These High Green Hills by Jan Karon
  3. The Full Cupboard of Life by Alexander McCall Smith
  4. In the Company of Cheerful Ladies by Alexander McCall Smith

I am still really enjoying the Mitford series books by Jan Karon and the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. I have already requested the next books in both of the series from my library. I want to know what happens in them, but I am trying to make them last a while so that I can savor the story lines! They are just that good!!!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

I like Jan Karon also. What is the first book in that series? I would love to take a look. I have a pile of books but they just aren't appealing to me right now....
Shellie