Friday, October 30, 2009

Dish cloth... DONE!

This morning, I just couldn't take it anymore and I had to finish the last 10 or so rows to finish this dish cloth.

100_2169

Once I got it done, I saw that the yarn was 60% cotton/40& acrylic and dish cloths should be done with 100% cotton. So I am not sure how this will fare or what the outcome will be for its use. I have tried to find some information online about what the yarn composition should be various types of things, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Oh well, at least this is done! :)

And I have gotten most of the fabric cut for the dog quilt and now I have to start sewing! I'm hoping to have it done fairly quickly so that I can move onto something else!

7 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

I have made a ridiculous number of these dishcloths at night trying to keep my hands busy and out of the cookie jar! I buy the yarn on sale at Joann's or with a coupon. Everyone in my office now has 2 or three of these. I love mindless projects at night. For some reason, I cannot sew at night. I end up making too many mistakes!

Michelle said...

Good job, Jill!

Zarina said...

Don't worry - at least you got some practice piece done.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Way to go, you're first knitting project done! Looks great!

Cheryl Willis said...

throw it in the wash and see how it does. my SIL makes similar and I LOVE it when I get one. cw

Gina said...

Great dishcloth. I've never seen a knitted one before

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Linda said...

Well done!