Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sock Update

I was able to make great progress on my sock last week by knitting during lunches and Friday and Saturday nights. I was concerned that the opening wasn't going to be big enough, but once I had a couple of inches done, I was able to use a sock that I currently wear as a comparison and the size is just about the same. I used the sock to get an idea of how long to make the leg, too.

The second sock class was supposed to be last night, but I got a call on Sunday that due to illness the class would be postponed. So I am ready for the next class next week where we will learn to turn the heel. :)

100_2320

I'm loving this yarn and the striping!!

13 comments:

Ted and Donna said...

I don't understand how multi colored yarn comes out in stripes. Is it colored that way when it is manufactured or do you do something to make it happen?

Libby said...

I love it!! That pink is great!
Libby

Linda said...

It is really looking great! Is there anything you can't do?? :-)

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Wow, you did get a lot more done. Great job!

Gina said...

Looking good

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Brenda said...

I was going to knit a pair of socks a few years ago now, uh, I am so glad I didn't!!! I am very bad at loving an idea, and then, not making the thing!! And, I don't wear socks as a rule, so what was a I thinking!!! But. I love looking at them!! And yours is looking really good!!!! One day, I might pull out my knitting needles and make a pair anyway!!!! Hey - good Christmas gift!!! uh oh..........!!!!

Mrs Quilty said...

Wonderful color sock! I want to learn how to make socks, sometime! Beautiful!

Beth said...

Looks great! I really need to find a good sock pattern, I haven't found one that I really like and I love knitting socks!

Laura said...

Woo hoo! Looking great! I also love how the stripes are appearing in the sock. Really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Looking good Jill. That yarn is knitting up so pretty, I bet you are looking forward to getting this one done, and start on the second sock so you can enjoy them on your feet. I love wearing handknit socks. The other night I was knitting at guild meeting and someone asked me why I was knitting a sock when they are so cheap to buy! I told her that it's because they are so comfortable! Should have asked her why she makes quilts when blankets are so inexpensive!!! It's all about the need to create.

Kristie said...

Oh, I love that yarn! I'm glad that you are enjoying knitting so much!
Kristie

Michelle said...

And you were afraid to knit! Looks great!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

It looks great keep it up