Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Shopping with the Girls - Part 1

When Barb picked me up with Lucy, we had to get food and we were both pretty burnt out on IHOP, so we headed to Cracker Barrel - the next best thing! After a meal that was served by an over eager man, we headed to the Super Joann's!

100_2515

We looked at card stock and a few little other things before Lucy and Barb headed to the potty and I stopped at the pattern tables to figure out my yardage that I would need for my 2 secret quilts. It was much easier to figure the amounts before Lucy came back and it was, "Jill! Jill! Jill!" every minute or so! lol

Eventually, I figured out my amounts and we moved on to do some more shopping. All of the clearance fabric was another 50% off, so we spent some time perusing that aisle and we came away with some great, good quality fabrics. Then, I found a great pair of fabrics to use as borders on the smaller secret quilt and an awesome fabric for the backing on the larger secret quilt. You will all have to wait until some time next week to see those. ;)

Lucy kept us entertained while we shopped. She asked me to teach her how to hula hoop ... with a quilt hoop!!

100_2516

I think that we ended up spending about 2 hours in Joann's! Here's the spread that I can show you... A knitting/crochet book by Vanna White for St Jude Children's Research Hospital, some thread, a couple of quilting notions for the 1,000th post giveaway, some knitting needles, a pig pancake pan for my granma who collects pig items, and the fabric. This is the clearance fabric and not the secret quilt fabric! I with held those fabrics for obvious reasons... Regina! ;)

100_2527

This purchase is starting to cause some serious issues on my stash report!

After Joann's we headed to the Peanut Butter Pie place in Waynesville. We really spent that much time at Joann's!!

Maxie says...

100_2466 "Just bring Lucy here! I have something to show her!!"

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a very fun trip and next time I bring the kids that way, we'll have to get them together with Lucy to play! Glad you had fun and did some stash report damage (jk)!

Michelle said...

That sounded like a fun trip, and that Lucy girl has a good imagination. She has already learned how to improvise. Fun!
love ya! Michelle

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Look at all the loot! Lucy is a cutie!