Monday, October 25, 2010

Sock Knit Along

I spent part of this evening taking pictures of everything that I did at retreat and everything that I brought back with me. All 18 yards! lol I also organized the projects that I took with me and worked on so that I could get back to them this week. I planned on posting something about retreat tonight - the fun that was had, the things that were bought, the projects that were worked on....

But I remembered that in 1 week, Judy's Sock Knit Along starts and since I just finished a pair, I am ready to start a new pair! Judy has just started knitting 2 socks at a time using the Knitting Circles Around Socks book by Antje Gillingham. I have the Knitting MORE Circles Around Socks and have gotten several pairs of circular needles to try my hand at it.

I planned on using the same type of yarn that I used for the purple socks and the same size needles just in circular form, but I ended up with 3 sets of circs and 2 are the same size. Instead of running out this week to find the size that I need, I chose a different yarn and a different size needle. Since I am still relatively new to knitting and haven't quite gotten the hang of feeling yarn and knowing which size needles to use, I have to knit a swatch for my gauge. Instead of posting something interesting about retreat tonight, I found my book, my needles and some yarn and am starting to knit my gauge!

100_3250

I think that I am working on this correctly. It hasn't seemed awkward, so that is a good thing. We shall see how it goes as I keep knitting!

I think that Maxie is very happy - this means more cuddle time for him and Maisy!

100_3248

5 comments:

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Sounds good to me. With the weather changing your going to want comfy socks.

Anonymous said...

I have the same book you do and think Judy's knit along is just the incentive I need to actually try the two at a time technique. (plus I should finish up a pair this week) Are you doing toe up or from the cuff down? I haven't decided which to try first, I've never done toe up so maybe trying two new things at once wouldn't be such a smart thing to do.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Knit those socks! I can wait to see what you got for yourself at the retreat on your next post. :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I tried knitting socks once (and only once) and now I crochet - lol! I'm sure Maisy and Maxie feel that they can never have too much cuddle time.

Winona said...

I have everything I need to knit socks, but just haven't tried it yet. I am a new knitter and have only knit flat things like scarves and dish cloths. I look forward to seeing your progress. Cute picture of Maxie.