Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another computer problem

Computer_virus : A computer virus crashes and breaks a laptop or netbook to pieces.Last summer, I had issues with the hard drive on my laptop, but my neighbor came to my rescue and it was fixed rather quickly. Last Saturday, I began having a funky spyware screen pop up and start scanning my laptop. I updated my current virus software and crossed my fingers that it would take care of the problem.

It didn't.

On Sunday, I searched for the program that kept popping up and learned that it is a virus that most security software misses. Crud!!

I contacted my trusty neighbor only to find out that he is too busy with work to be able to help me. Hooray for him, but boo for me! He recommended a local computer place that he has sent others to and my laptop has been entrusted to them for repair and cleaning.

What this means for me is that I can't post to my blog from my house unless it is done on my Backberry or iPod. Total bummer!

But I will make do! The library will be my friend for the next couple of days until it is returned to working order. :)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Well I am just glad that this can be fixed!! Taking some time at the library is not really a bad thing is it?? And before you know it, you will be back at home and not even remembering these days!!

While you are out, you can get some other things done.... I hear a certain day is coming and people are all stressing about it - how are you dealing with it?? ;-) If you are feeling any 'uh oh' thoughts, now might be a good time to go for a walk through a mall or store and let those feelings go.....

Speaking of which, I should probably do doing just that, and soon too!! I also need to figure out a tree.... fake or real.... yup, I need to get out of my house too!!! I hope you don't have to wait to long to have your laptop back!!

Jean(ie) said...

Let us know what the offending file(s) are. That way if we have we can purge it, too!

Deanna said...

Very sorry! Good luck getting it fixed. I wish all virus creators would apply that energy to quilting. The world would be a better place.

Deb A said...

Sorry about the computer troubles. Hope it is able to be fixed quickly for you.... just means more time quilting and less time surfing!

Jennifer said...

That sucks - hope they can get back up and running soon!