Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Monthly Accomplishments - April 2012

I know that I am going to be surprised when I see everything that I got done in April. I don't feel like I did a lot because I was in a funk and my quilting mojo was absent.
  1. Made blocks, assembled quilt, quilted and bound dog quilt for the SPCA auction. My co-worker who asked me to make the quilt won it at the auction for $100 and he gave it to his mom. I am happy to know that it went to a good home!
  2. Attended the IQF show in downtown Cincinnati to see my quilt that was hanging in the Modern Quilt Guild exhibit.
  3. Hosted Jennifer for a night so that she could attend the show with me. :)
  4. Voted back on the board for the Homeowner's Association. It has been a very interesting ride both in prior year (since October) and the current year (not even a month).
  5. Had a root canal. **SIDEBAR!!!** I have to say - I don't think that I have blogged about my recent issues with my teeth which started in December. As upset as I was at my dentist about a long term infection that I think caused damage to the jaw bone, I am so happy with the entire office and especially the dentist for putting me at ease about the root canal and my visits with 2 different periodontists in the Cincinnati area. I was facing a $3300 post insurance out of pocket expense for bone grafts on 3 different teeth and after I talked to my dentist, he called a different perio, explained his concerns and my concerns and the new perio came up with a different option that he thinks will work 100 times better than the bone grafts. The bonus is that the out of pocket expense for me is going to be so much less than the $3300. And the perk on top of that is that the new perio has a great sense of humor and I am actually excited to have the laser procedure done that he has recommended. OK, sorry about the sidebar here, but having this issue some what resolved has been a great stress relief for me!  **END SIDEBAR!**  lol
  6. Worked a little more on the assembly of the second Scrap Squad.
  7. Midget block #33
  8. Caught up a little on my blog posting with pictures of quilt shows and book reviews
  9. Did my taxes - the first year for the quilting business taxes!
I also started reading a little more. I realized that I am behind on my normal reading routine and 10 books behind for the year so far.
  1. Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich
  2. Love You More by Lisa Gardner
  3. A Pizza to Die for by Chris Cavender
  4. The Most Dangerous Thing by Laura Lippman
  5. Cinnamon Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke
See, not a very great month. But May is already starting out to be better than April and March!! And I did at least get the dog quilt finished in less than 2 weeks.

5 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

Jill, commenting on the sidebar. I'm so glad they found another option for your jaw bone.

You accomplished a ton!

Vicky said...

I'm so happy you've found a better option and that you're getting it done. I ended up in the hospital a couple of years ago with a serious infection from this same thing after a botched root canal!

soscrappy said...

Looks like a busy month. Dental drama is never fun, glad you found a better solution.

Deb A said...

Looks like you got a lot done to me. So glad you have a solution for your dental issues. Being in pain is never a good thing.

Jennifer said...

No wonder you were in a funk with that tooth stuff on your mind! Glad you got a better option and a bad month for you is still far better than a good month for many quilters. Quilt on and look forward to seeing your list in May since you're getting your mojo back :)