Thursday, November 29, 2012

Book Review Thursday - 11/29

Just one book finished this week. Between the holiday and trying to work on my projects, I haven't been getting to bed early enough to read a little. Oh well! The books will be there when I get back to them. :)

Bad Blood is the next in the Alexandra Cooper series by Linda Fairstein. Since I was about halfway through the series, I found the last books at my libraries and checked them all out and I am just barreling through them! This novel spends a lot of time in the court room where Alex is trying the case of Brendan Quillian who is accused of hiring someone to kill his socialite wife. While he comes off to most people as an upper class man himself, he gives Alex the chills when he looks at her.

The very first witness in the case against Quillian is made to look like a fool on the cross examination and Alex spends a lot of time trying to get her position back. As her case is coming to a close, an explosion in a Water Tunnel that is being built under the city brings the courtroom drama to a halt for a few days. But all hell breaks loose when it is revealed that one of the men killed in the explosion is Brendan's brother Duke who was a big surprise to Alex, Mike Chapman and Mercer. They didn't even know that Brendan had any siblings.

Another novel with a lot of action and fast paced detective work. I am still enjoying this series and am just about finished with the next one. The personal relationships between the main characters is just as interesting as the mysteries and I can't wait to see what happens in the future books!

No comments: