Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 11/28


Oh man! I have so much to do and I am seriously running low on time!

I took last week off from quilting since my parents were in town all week for Thanksgiving and it was probably a mistake. I have 2 quilts that have deadline within the next week and I should have gotten at least one on the frame to work on while I was home. Instead, I worked on cutting and piecing the 6th Scrap Squad. I got all of my sub units made so that I can start assembling the blocks and I am putting it aside for the time being.





I love strip piecing!!

I realized on Monday that I have 2 weeks from today to START and FINISH the dresden plate quilt for the Modern Guild. I am not sure it is going to happen unless I devote ALL of my time to working on it. Now that I have picked my fabrics, I am so worried about cutting into it and wasting any of it. I need to get some scrap fabric and test out my block assembly to see how wide my strips should be so that I can start cutting. Once I have the blocks made, I am pretty sure that the rest will be a cake walk, but I am practically freezing up when it comes to making the blocks.



I started working on a picture wall hanging for a co-worker and I have to have it done tonight. It's not going to happen. I have an eye appointment after work and I am pretty sure that they are going to dilate my eyes and I will not be able to do anything for the rest of the night. Last night, I got the quilt assembled and layered with the batting and the backing. I should have done the quilting last night, but it was late and I was tired and Lula was trying my patience.



Last week...
One Midget block
Make goodies for the Blog Hop Giveaway
Start on 6th Scrap Squad
Start CMQG challenge quilt

Next week...
Quilt 2 quilts
Finish picture wall hanging
Make goodies for the Blog Hop Giveaway
Start CMQG challenge quilt

I linked up at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow! You are behind! LOL! Just take a deep breath and start on it as you can. How are you attaching you dresdens to the background? Machine? What color are you using for the background? I have something like 30 dresdens pieced but they need to be attached to the background.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day, try not to stress too much.
Kristie

Jean(ie) said...

Hugs, I hate those days. Take a deep breath and re-adjust your expectations. I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must feel.

Jennifer said...

The wall hanging looks great! Love the grey/black combo. Good luck on your to-do list!

Ruthie said...

I know right where you're coming from. I had hoped to have all my customer quilts done by December 1st, but that's certainly not going to happen. Just do the best you can and don't be too hard on yourself.