Sunday, September 15, 2013

Stash Report Weeks 36-37, 2013

Last week, I ordered fabric for the border, binding and backing for Easy Street. I wanted to try and fabric for the border with a mixture of the lime, teal and purple and I found a lovely extra wide purple for the backing.


Unfortunately, the border fabric doesn't work well enough with the top so it is going to be stashed.

But I found an alternative in my stash. The charcoal was used in the four patches in the quilt and the purple was used as well. Now, I just need to get around to trimming the quilt, cutting the fabric and putting the borders on.


I also cut some stash fabric for binding on a customer quilt. I will have the binding to make for another quilt, too. And then I will have to hand stitch them both down.


Fabric added this week: 5.50
Fabric added YTD: 121.83

Fabric used this week: 0.00
Fabric used YTD: 63.74

Net Fabric Used: -58.09


Marj said...

I did the same thing with the first border I chose. Funny how in our mind it works and then in person it doesn't go at all.

Regina said...

I do like what you ended up with - but look forward to seeing that new fabric come out of your stash and play sometime!

Jennifer said...

The new one is a much better fit! I am sure you will find a good way to use the other one at some point!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Like your new choice for the Easy Street borders. Should be fun to find a pattern to use the other fabric on though.

Susan C said...

Finally got my Easy Street assembled and ready for the border. I am probably only going to go with a single border, have a nice turquoise batik in the stash that may work. Just need to ponder it a bit. Found a great deal on a extra wide backing in lime. It was fun to work on this but I'll be glad to have it done!!!