Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Am so sleepy!

The guy didn't call until about 11:15. He did send me a text message first to see if I was still awake before he called. We were on the phone for an hour. And the pole dancing joke totally broke the ice. I think that I shocked him a bit. It was funny and then I got a case of the giggles. I probably came off like a total dork. At least my true colors would have been showing through!

Anyway, I enjoyed talking to him and it turns out that he lives in a subdivision right across the main street in the area. (For those of you familiar with where I live, he lives on the other side of the bowling alley. And that is REALLY close!) He didn't realize how close we were until he asked me to do something on Wednesday night and I suggested a restaurant that is 'down the street from us' and then he started figuring it out.

All in all, it was a nice conversation. He actually asked me questions and then let me answer them instead of interrupting me. He asked quite a few questions about the sorority and sounded impressed when I told him the things that we do. And he asked a bit about quilting and the sewing machines and sewing through fingers. And when I told him what kind of dogs I have, he didn't groan and say, "Ugh, ankle biters." He said that the dachshunds are cool.

I will have to post again tomorrow night after we meet. I am very much looking forward to meeting him. He seems to be more like me than the last 2 guys were.

Today was also my Weight Watchers at work meeting. The lady who weighs us made the comment that I am being very consistent with my weight loss. I haven't been over 2 pounds from Tuesday to Tuesday since I started on July 10. And in the 5 weeks since I started, I have lost 8 pounds.

Mini-break there - he called and now I am just cracking up! I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow at the restaurant!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina
WooHoo!! Maybe this one is a keeper!! You sound excited, I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Keep us posted!!! And GREAT JOB on the weigh in!!
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Great Job on losing 2 more pounds! Very good! I sure hope things work with this guy, so far you sound like you feel a little more comfortable with him than the others. Kristie
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
Congratulations on the weight lose .My fingers and toes are crossed for you with this new fellow ,hope all works out for you .
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - GREAT!!!!
Posted by maryann64
Afternoon: - Great for two reasons one congrats on losing 2 lbs. I go to Tops and I'm only losing approx from 1/2 to 1 lb. and this week gained 2 lbs (too many festivals lol) Sounds like you should have fun on your date my thoughts will be with you remember listen to your gut or heart etc. ENJOY
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
This is such a hard stage of life. Lots of heartaches and disappointments, but lots of excitement and fun, too. I hope you have a really good time with him. Your weight loss is going great! Isn't that exciting? Rhoda
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Wow, it sounds like he could be decent! I'll be excited if he is. Congrats on your loss!!
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps
Ohhhh, dating! How fun for you :0) Hope he's a nice guy and you have a great time!!! Weight watchers is a great program. My mom has been a lifetime member for almost 20 years :0) A year ago April we also tried easywillpower.com and we went to Rena's seminar and we were hypnotised. I have lost 25 pounds and kept it off for over a year :) Sounds a little hokey but it has worked for us :0)
Permanent Link
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I've been stalking the blog tonight waiting for you to tell us how it all went. I think soon I'll have to give up and go to bed. I take your being out late as a good sign. Cindy
Permanent Link
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by cowgirl4ever
sounds like you had a great time!! Its good to see you happy.. I can picture you now the big smile on your face when you get text messages and know that its him calling. Heather

No comments: