Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mini Update

Just checking in before I leave for work. Last night was the second class for the purse that I am making. I am really liking how easy this is going together and am starting to wonder what colors I will make next. Last night, we put the zipper in and added the trim to the body of the purse. For our homework, we have to add the trim to all of the pockets, make one long strip for the handles and then iron a 1/4 fold on both sides of the handles. Sounds easy enough.

Maddy is planning on coming over and sewing this Saturday so that she can make sure that she has everything done that needs to be done. And she ordered the fabric that she needed to finish her retro Michael Miller quilt. She will probably have the fabric by Saturday and will be able to finish that, too.

And 'the date' came over last night after I got home from class. We just sat and chatted for a couple of hours with the TV off. He has some interesting stories about fishing. And he was divorced this past year and has talked a bit about his ex. Not really what went wrong, but there was a lot of 'we' did this. And a lot of the time, he still refers to her as 'the wife.' I am not sure how normal this is, but I am definitely going to be keeping an eye on this to see if he is still hung up on her.

And my new cell phone was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but Fed Ex wouldn't leave it without a signature. So I have to leave the form with a signature so that they will drop it off today. Tonight, I have an appointment for a haircut right after work and then I am sure that I will be setting up the new phone. I am very excited about it!

Have a great day!
Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Hmmmm, could it be he just doesn't know how to tell a story without her in it? It almost sounds like she did the leaving. Yeah, keep an eye on that for sure!! What kind of phone are you getting? I'm STILL setting mine up.
Permanent Link
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
If he has only been divorced for a year I would say it pretty normal .You have to remember its pretty hard not to mention someone when they are all you knew for a few years .Keep a eye on it though you just never know .Hope you got your new cell phone .
Permanent Link
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts
I have to agree that it's pretty normal to talk about the other person. I know I did for about 1 1/2 until I had new memories to replace them. Especially as you are getting to know the other person. Keep your eyes and ears open and listen to him. Sometimes people need someone just to listen. Good luck and keep us posted.
Permanent Link
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by maryann64
Hi yes do keep your eyes and ears opened it's hard to not talk about your past if your relationship has been over for only a short time but do be careful. Hugs Mary Ann
Permanent Link
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Can't wait to see your new purse. I think it is normal for him to still refer to her as "the wife" since they haven't been divorced too long. Kristie

No comments: