Monday, August 20, 2007

Last Sunday

Last Sunday, I went to my sister's house for the afternoon because I hadn't seen them since the beginning of July. I took a Tastefully Simple Warm the Oven appetizer and chips and Nikki and I snacked on that while we caught up. And I showed the kids what I had for them.

I had wanted to have all parts of their new PJ's completed before I went over, but that didn't happen exactly. Once I started working on Spencer's top, I realized that I would have to see how it fit over his head with a modification to the pattern. The pattern calls for snap tape on one sleeve and it was a pain to put that on the last pair that I made for him. So, I pulled the top out and he grabbed it and put it over his head and of course, it was too tight. But he pulled and pulled until it went over his noggin and then said, "It's too tight, Aunt Mimi." ** Nikki and I discussed other options than using the snap tape and I think that I am going to try buttons. I have a buttonholer on my machine and might as well use it!

Here is Spencer in his Superman top.

Claire really liked her pajama pants, too, but I didn't get a picture of her in them. They are bratz flannel fabric. When I finished them, I have very cute dog flannel fabric that I am going to make pants out of for her since I will have the measurements from the bratz pants.

I took the 2 fabric books that I made for Ethan and he loved them! We sat on the couch and read them both...well, we read the counting animals book. The other book was a picture book and I wouldn't have bought it if I had paid attention to it, but it is nursery rhymes so it will work. And when I took Ethan to read and look at the books, the other 2 came with us and they thought the books were cool, too!


The next 2 shots are Spencer and Claire in their PJ's that I made for them last winter. The PJ's were both big on them and I hemed everything especially a little longer so that they could wear them longer. Once we saw how short the pants were on Claire, Nikki got out the board that grandpa used when we (Nikki, Matt and I) were kids to measure how tall we were. All of the markings are still there. Nikkie measured all of the kids and Claire had grown an inch and a half since February!! The other 2 had grown, too, but I can't remember how much of the top of my head. They are all growing like weeds! So here is Spencer with his Snoopy and Claire striking a pose with attitude!



**The kids call me Auntie Mimi because when Spencer was little, he couldn't say Jill and we were trying to get him to call me something. One night, we were at dinner and he started saying 'meanie, meanie' and my brother-in-law, Ryan, said, "That's right, Aunt Meanie!" Spencer looked at me, then at Ryan, and then back at me and said, "Mimi" and it stuck. Even Ethan, the youngest, knows me by Mimi.


Post A Comment! :: Send to a Friend!
Sunday, August 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
What lovely kids. They all look so happy to see you. Love all of the PJ's. You have to be their favorite Aunt! Kristie
Permanent Link
Sunday, August 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
Great job , the kids look so happy in their new PJ's .No wonder you are their favorite aunt .
Permanent Link
Monday, August 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
It's great that they love the things that you make for them! You all look so happy! PJ's are fun to make. HOpefully I'll get to make some this winter for my cousin Tracey's daughters. One tip for PJ pants. You could do an over cast stitch at the bottom of the pants leg. Take them to their house and using the Ultra HOld heat and bond, use that to hem the pants. Then you don't have to take them back home with you and at the same time you've already overcast the edges to keep them from raveling.

No comments: