Saturday, April 5, 2008

Shopping at my LQS

I didn't realize until I started seeing the March Monthly Accomplishment posts that I barely did any sewing in March. I feel like such a slacker and a bum. Jen told me that I need to play nice with Bubba very soon or he may act up at the Quilt Retreat. This scares me because it is quite possible.

Anyway, after working TOO MUCH this past week on a huge project (until 9 two nights and 7:45 one night and 6-7 hours on Sunday), I decided that it was time to treat myself to a shopping trip! I took some money from my settlement money and headed to Best Friends after work on Thursday. I decided that I would take out a certain amount, but that I didn't want to spend too much over that amount.

I got some ruby slipper fabric to make a pillowcase for Claire. She loves the Wizard of Oz and I thought that this would be great for her.

ruby slippers

I also got 3 yards of Flintstone fabric to make myself some pants. I think that this is just adorable!

Flintstone fabric

I this fabric from the Surf and Sand Marcus Brothers collection. I have been eyeing it for a purse for myself for a few months, but I got this to make a purse for Tara, the Tastefully Simple lady. I am pretty sure that she will just love it! The darker brown with the dots is for the trim and the lighter brown is for the lining.

surf and sand purse fabric

I also got a new purse pattern and some fabric to make a donation from myself for the Quilt Retreat. Once I got home though, I thought that this might not be neutral enough and I just love it so I may have to keep it for myself and get other fabric to donate. :) This fabric is a very soft blue background with green and teal accents. I think it's very cool. The striped fabric is for the trim and then cream and green fabric is for the lining.

blue-green purse

I also had to pick up the March and April BOM. I haven't finished the February BOM yet. And by haven't finished, I mean that I haven't started. I am now officially 3 months behind!

When Joanne and I were walking out of the office today, we saw this car and thought it was an, umm, interesting color for a car. It's a little toned down in this picture. In real life, it is a bright as Pepto Bismol! Yuck!! We are now infatuated with seeing who drives it!

pepto car

3 comments:

Jen said...

OMG! That Surf and Sand is what I was thinking about when I told you I wanted to make a shower curtain!! No one around here has the flintstones so we'll have to hit that shop when I come down! I bought that same ruby slippers stuff too.

Gina said...

Retail therapy is always a good thing.

There's a few people by us who choose to have their cars that colour. One girl has even decked out the inside in pink. The steering wheel cover is pink and fluffy as are her seats and seatbelts.

love and hugs xxx

Moneik said...

Oh I think a fun day at the quilt shop is great therapy. I know I spent quite a bit at mine on Sat.