Saturday, April 26, 2008

With this...

I am up-to-date on my postings! Yippee!!!

There are signs of spring in front of my condo!

100_0352

The little whitish spot in the middle of the picture is half of an egg shell. The tree it's under is too bushy to see the nest, but this proves that it is there and there are birds singing it the tree non-stop! The egg shell was white the first couple of days it was there and yesterday it was a very pretty baby blue. This doesn't come through in the picture though.

Another sign of spring - my primroses are starting to grow so I put my turtle lawn art out. The primroses don't look like they will be as prominent as they have been in the past. Usually, they take over the entire area between my flaming bush and the step, but they aren't growing as far back as the house this year. I hope that changes next year because I really enjoy looking at the flowers when they are blooming. Mine are yellow. And I still need to trim up the plant in the front. That will happen when I can get out there and plant some flowers.

100_0353

I have also acquired more pennies for our Penny Wars with other chapters in the state. Jen brought pennies from Milwaukee with her and Judy brought more from her work. Judy has been telling people at work to give her their pennies and they have been doing it! Mary Beth told me last night that she is telling people to save their pennies, too. On Monday, I am going to ask my boss if I can send an email to people in Finance about collecting pennies. I am sure that I would be able to get quite a few dollars from them! But this is an awesome start! (Penny Wars are basically a way to raise money for the hospital. For every penny, the chapter receives 1 point. For any other money (dimes, nickels, dollars, checks) the chapter gets 1 point taken away from the total for the amount of the item - ie minus 10 points for a dime. At the end of our March meeting, my chapter was in second place!)

100_0354

And lastly, these are the fabrics that I picked out for the comfort quilt for my co-worker's son. These were about the most masculine prints at Joann's that I could find that would work. The black will be the inner border and the blue will be the outer border and the binding. I am hoping that I can piece the top and layer it today and then quilt it in the morning. The striped fabric was my first fabric to match to.

100_0358

OK, I am off to start piecing and watch some TiVo!

4 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Did I miss something??? What are penny wars???

Happy Camper Quilts said...

Gee, I need to get a new iron.I'm jealous!!I found out that I am a sunflower, but I was stuck on the ice cream flavor question, (choc or choc,mocha,pb).I'm a relatively new quilter too.The best thing I did was join the local guild.They are a great group of ladies and have taught me sooooo much.

Jen said...

Wahoo, I helped fill that bottle!!!!

I think I'm going to need that quilt pattern, it's so slick!

Moneik said...

You have a great start to your penny wars!