Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October Accomplishments

Although not a lot was actually sewn during October, there were some big things that happened. It was a good month. A nice month to catch my breath, so to speak, to prepare for the upcoming holidays.

Quilty accomplishments
  1. I made a decision on how to handle my scraps and I started to organize them. Not much to show for it now, but knowing what I want to do with the scraps is a step in the right direction.
  2. I also made a decision on how to handle my UFOs. Again, it’s just a step in the right direction especially since I didn’t get much sewing done on anything this month.
  3. finished my Flintstones pajama pants
  4. finished my Naked Cowboy pajama pants
  5. Cut pieces for a Moon Pie quilt kit
  6. Cut pieces for a Chicken in Every Pot quilt kit
  7. Went to Wisconsin!!
  8. Finished the binding on 2 charity quilts
  9. Finished the last block in the $2 a block BOM at my quilt shop!
  10. Got all of the stars finished for my Thangles Milky Way quilt
  11. Made a traveling notions bag for Cindy

Non-quilty accomplishments

  1. Read/listened to O, P, and Q in the Sue Grafton alphabet series. I have a couple of more books to go in this series and a few more books in the queue, but I am going to need something else to hold my attention pretty soon.
  2. Went to Wisconsin – really this is a quilty and a non-quilty accomplishment. Quilty because we sewed and shop hopped and non-quilty because the dogs and I had an adventurous road trip with toll booths and all!
  3. Enjoyed some Cheech splashes!
  4. Introduced the Northerners to some great Cincinnati favorites – Skyline dip and Buskens cookies
  5. Enjoyed the first pumpkin pancakes of the season at IHOP in Wisconsin!
  6. Began working at Best Friends on the weekends

I think that I need to make up some goals for myself for November and spend some time actually sewing this month! I do have some deadlines that don’t involve Christmas so I had better get started on those items! And the Guild Retreat is only a week and a half away! Woo hoo!! I should be able to get some things accomplished that weekend! *fingers crossed!*

1 comment:

Moneik said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments! I'm sure now that you are settled in you'll get a ton done in Nov.