Saturday, May 22, 2010

May Friday Night Sew In Results

Lots of excitement last night! I stopped at the yarn shop and signed up for a class that will start in June to learn how to make a sweater. Then, I came home and sewed on a table runner!

The summer schedule for Lambikin's showed up this week and there is a Summer Top class that I figured I could take to get the confidence to work on my other sweaters that are in line. The Open House is this weekend where you get discounts on the class cost and the supplies cost so of course I had to go and sign up.

The book came with the class cost. It is Flirt by Sirdar and I think it is just a book that is put out with patterns specifically for the Flirt DK yarn line. The sweater on the left page is the pattern that I will make. Well, with a couple of modifications... The rose will not be added and I am not sure about the fluted sleeves. And the yarn that I picked is Cotton Bamboo by Classic Elite Yarns. I have already started my gauge and I am really liking how this is knitting!! I can't wait for class!

100_2662

Here are other sweaters in this book that I think I would like to make. I LOVE the sweater on the right!

100_2663

Once I got home and finished eating my gourmet Frosted Flakes for dinner, I got to work on the table runner that I cut out this week. Here is side 1 after the first 2 steps. I have 3 steps left and then the binding goes on.

100_2659

Here's side 2. I think it looks great! It's a quilt as you go pattern - Reversible Table Runner by The Quilt Company. I got the fabrics in Florida with help from my mom.

100_2660

Of course, with all the strips and trying to make it scrappy, it creates a bit of a mess! lol

100_2661

I think that Max is happy that I made good progress tonight!

100_2664

3 comments:

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

I'm so glad you signed up for the class. Again, love the color of your yarn...and are those CIRCS you're using?!?! ;0) Me likey the sweater in the second picture too!

Gourmet Frosted Flakes?! LOL Hope you're feeling better.

Your blocks are really cool. I can't wait to see it put together.

Deanna said...

The table runner looks very nice, but it appears your heart is in the yarn. And I can't blame you. It is a lovely color.

Libby said...

Beautiful Yarn! The quilt shop that I used to work at does that runner as a class...everyone loves it!! The runners always look so nice!