Monday, September 19, 2011

Design Wall Monday, 9/19

In my last post, I listed things that I had gotten done yesterday with a plan to do a little more. Well, here is what I have to show for my 'design wall' today!

The 4 patches are all pressed and I'm ready for block assembly on the SIS quilt.

100_4163

And I have been working on my socks lately. I have the heels turned and am thisclose to being finished with the gusset. Just about 3 more rounds. Then, I start on the feet.

100_4162

I'm liking this knitting 2 at a time business although I have dropped about 3 end stitches at various points and the heel turns and picking up of side stitches was a little tedious. But I  think I am ready to try a design for patterned socks for my next pair. :)

9 comments:

Kristie said...

You have been busy! Looks like lots of pressing there. Can't wait to see more of this quilt.

Loving your socks too. I imagine it would be easier to do 2 at a time instead of finishing one and then dreading starting on the other one.
Kristie

Denise :) said...

Very productive! I love having piles of blocks all sewn up! Your yarn color for your socks is yummy! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

I love having little blocks made and all ready to be sewn into larger blocks! What does SIS mean?

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Isn't it fun to have blocks made up and ready to go! They look great. I don't knit but your socks look neat!

Jean(ie) said...

What is the SIS... is that the witch quilt?

Melinda said...

I have to get my socks out and figure out where I am on them. I like yours a lot. I have been doing mine on two circulars but would like to try doing it on one.

Jennifer said...

Great progress! What is your pattern for the SIS quilt this year?

Regina said...

Now what size are those socks???? :-)

quiltin cntrygrl said...

The socks look great! Mom says that when she is here in December that she is going to re-teach me to knit. we will see how that goes.