Saturday, September 24, 2011

In Training

In 5 weeks, I will be in Shipshewana, IN on a quilt retreat. I'm very excited about the retreat because this will be my only retreat this year. It runs from Thursday through Sunday.

I have been a little lax in my sewing for the past few months due to the renovations at the house and creating my new studio space. I feel like I am starting to get my quilting mojo back, but in order to be ready to quilt til I drop in Shipshewana, I need to put myself on a bit of a training schedule.

In addition to the 'training,' I need to make sure my house is put back in order and all cleaned up because my co-worker's daughter will be staying at the condo and dog sitting while I am gone. And actually, I need to get the house back in order a few weeks before the retreat because she will be coming over to meet the dogs a couple of weeks before I leave.

With all of this in mind, I have been making myself daily To Do lists and giving myself tasks to get done that day, that week and before retreat. I have been  doing pretty well so far. I want to try and have a balance of progressing my own projects as well as getting some quilting done for others. And I am trying to keep my plans reasonable.

My plan for training is to try and get something quilty done at least everyday. I have been pretty successful this week so far. I finished the quilting on the Split Second Decision and worked on the piecing for the SIS quilt.

And last night, I added a tab to the blog of my quilting. It has been dubbed my Quilt-folio! (Thanks to Regina for the ingenious name!) I hope to add more designs to it soon!

Today, I plan to work on my SIS blocks a little more, prep and load Regina's Sunny Lanes on the frame for some quilting, and trim and add the binding to Split Second Decision.

There is always something to be done! And so I'm off to get started!

7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I need to take a page from your organizational book and use my limited free time more effectively! I have projects I need to make some serious progress on. Are we going to see some of your retreat organization this time around too. I really enjoyed seeing how you arranged your BOM quilting for the last retreat.

Marj said...

Yes, I think you are getting back in the quilting groove. I checked out the Quilt-folio tab and it is great. I think I need to set up some tabs on my blog to keep track of things...

Jennifer said...

Good luck with your plan! Have you already cut your retreat projects or is that on the list? Look forward to seeing what you're going to sew at retreat.

Karen said...

I'll see you in Shipshewana! I can't believe it's only five weeks away. Can't wait.

scraphappy said...

Love those tabs -- I'll have to figure out how to do that! You always do great with your lists. What a great motivational tool to keep everything moving forward.

Jean(ie) said...

(cheering you on)...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Good luck on your training. Before you know it the retreat will be here.