Sunday, September 25, 2011

Stash Report Week 39, 2011

No new fabric this week. I've been sewing, but I haven't been cutting anything up yet.

I finished my SIS blocks last night. These blocks are made with fabrics swapped with Regina and her sister, Susan. I also got the blocks laid out and the borders picked so I should have a flimsy very shortly! What a convenience having a huge design wall to throw blocks on!

100_4173

I sewed the binding on the Split Second Decision and started hand stitching the other side down using the hand quilting thread. LOVE using this thread so I will probably be back to JoAnn's to pick up more colors sometime this week.

Today, I am going to work on the bug jar blocks. I have them all sitting out and ready for me.

100_4175

I was going to try to load another quilt on the frame, but I fell yesterday and my lower back is not happy with that today. I think that I will just work on piecing and load the quilt tomorrow night as long as the back cooperates. Or I may try to just load it in spurts today. It's hard to say right now.

Fabric added this week: 0.00
Fabric added year-to-date: 118.64

Fabric used this week: 0.00
Fabric used year-to-date:106.78

Net Fabric Used: -11.86

The dogs plan on working on surveillance today. They are off to a great start!

100_4174

6 comments:

EngrSandi said...

Do you use the "red snappers" on your frame? My mother got them earlier this year for hers and they make loading a quilt soooo much easier.

http://quiltsonthecorner.com/inc/sdetail/4359

Jennifer said...

Great progress, you're definitely back in the groove!

Melinda said...

Looking forward to seeing your SIS top completed. Why is it called SIS? To me SIS means Square in Square. And I would call the block Triple Four Patch.
Take a break from machine quilting for a bit. It's hard enough on the back without having a back problem to start with.

Anonymous said...

The red snappers are great!

I love your red striped block, and it looks like the jar quilt will be so cute. That's a great picture of your dachsies!

Kristie said...

Sure hope your back is okay! Nothing much worse than back pain.

You have certainly been busy. Can't wait to see that bug quilt.

It's around 12:30am and I'm up sewing. So tired but too tired to fall asleep. I really shouldn't be sewing while I am this tired, I've already screwed this quilt up.
Kristie

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Looks like training is going well. Love the SIS block!