Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 12/19


To my regular readers, I promise this will be the last time that I show this quilt until it hangs in the show in April. Well, assuming that it will hang in the show in April. :)

This week, I finished Spinnerei, my Modern Dresden Plate quilt.

101_1158

101_1169

101_1170

I got the blocks finished, the quilt top assembled, the quilting done in a day and the binding, hanging sleeve and label sewn down. It was a rough couple of days, but I am so glad to be finished. And I am tickled pink with it.

I also picked up a Singer 221-1 Featherweight and have played a bit to get used to it.

101_1166

Last week...
FINISH CMQG challenge quilt - Yahoo! It's done!
Work on last Scrap Squad
Start the Easy Street Mystery on Quiltville

Next week...
Quilt 2 deadline quilts
Work on last Scrap Squad
Start the Easy Street Mystery on Quiltville -I'm a little glad that I didn't get a chance to start on this before I got the Featherweight. I hope to do most of the piecing on this little machine! :)

I'm linking up at Freshly Pieced.

WIPWednesday

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

your quilt is very eye-catching. nicely done.

elizabeth said...

Jill you can show off your work as much as you want, just because it is a work of art. Plus you got it finished so quickly

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Jill, I just love this quilt...and your inventive quilting

Claire said...

That's my kind of modern--at least some part of the toe still in the water of traditional, but so transformed! Gorgeous quilt.

Deb A said...

That is a beautiful quilt Jill! The quilting on it is awesome. I can't believe you got it done so quickly. Do you ever sleep?

Beth said...

We don't mind seeing your quilts over and over! Love you FW! I have TWO and am picking up a new-to-me 301 today. I think I need to name my machines so I can tell them apart! Merry Christmas!

Vic H. said...

I love your quilt for the show...very nicely done! And your quilting looks fantastic...
How is the FW? Are you enjoying it??