Monday, May 27, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 5/27

This weekend at Regina's for sewing, I brought my Singer 301A. I love using this machine at home (when I was actually sewing) and figured that it would be easier to tote to the attic for sewing than the Janome. I was right! And she has been a joy to use all weekend.

101_1838

So far, I have put a binding on a quilt, made the piano key borders for Moon Pie and pieced a lot on a new quilt. I am pretty sure that this will be my new traveling machine!

Saturday night, I cut out five fabrics for the new quilt I started - Sweet Treat, a free pattern from Judy L. Yesterday, I cut the rest of the fabrics and pieced all the blocks.

101_1840

I added a row to the quilt to make it a little larger and I think that I am going to change the pieced border to make it a little easier to piece and finish. After I got the blocks made and on Regina's design wall, I got the sashing on 4 of the 7 rows.

101_1841

This is really coming along nicely and I might just be able to have the center part finished before I leave!

See what is on other quilters' design walls here.

6 comments:

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Wow, you were busy! Like the colors you chose for your blocks.

Julianne said...

I have a Singer 301 also and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her!

Jennifer said...

Glad you got some time in for piecing. I know your Avante will be calling your name when you get home!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are great colors!!

Bonnie said...

I like your newest quilt. Congrats on getting a lot done on what sounded like a mini retreat. I'm looking forward to a weekend retreat in a week and a half. Yikes, I better get organized on what I'm taking!

Jean(ie) said...

Oh I know there was some serious fun to be had there.