Sunday, September 2, 2007

Thought I would update

It's getting late and I think that I am done sewing for the night so I thought that I would post an update of the day's events.

This morning, I treated myself to IHOP before running errands. It was yummy, but I found out that they took out their smootie machine and that was the best part! After IHOP, I went to Best Friends, my LQS, for their Open House. The hold the Open House 4 times a year and it is a chance to sign up for their classes at a 20% discount. I signed up for 3 for myself and 2 for Maddy. I will learn how to applique! I am not sure if I am excited about that, but the project is very cute! I also signed up for Wagon Wheel and bought the 2 packs of Jelly Rolls (42 2.5" strips) in Thimbleberries fabric that I will need for the class. The fabric is gorgeous! And the last class is a Star 9 Patch from the Stash Buster Quilts book. I don't have the book yet, but the store quilt was done in the Sherbet - the same line that Maddy used on her purse. Lastly, I signed up for a Block of the Month. This will be my first one and I think that the colors and pattern are going to be gorgeous! I hope that I will be able to put it on my bed when I am finished.

Once I left the store, I stopped at Target for laundry detergent and TP then at Half Price books because they were having a 20% off sale. I didn't find anything interesting enough to purchase there. Then a few miscellaneous other errands and back home.

I had movies to watch to return to the library and once I had lunch, I got to them. I watched Sherrybaby, Notes on a Scandal and Disturbia. I liked Disturbia the most. At the end, I was sitting on the bed holding a dog because it was so intense! Then, it was dinner and back to sewing.

Well, there was something right after dinner. I was checking websites and the dogs were playing and we heard a thunk at the front door. We walked... OK, I walked, the dogs ran... to the front door to see what it was. It sounded like someone had thrown a ball at the door. It ended up being a female robin or cardinal that had flown into the window and then proceeded to die on the front step. Max and Maisy were so excited, they wanted to run right out and see the 'toy' that was laying there. And since it was right in the way of taking them outside, I had to clean it up and take it to the dumpster. Very sad! The poor thing.

I guess that I wasn't really in the mood for sewing today. I finished a top for a Kid Komforts quilt for my Guild (these are like Project Linus quilts) and I did the hems on the pants for my niece and nephew. I am wondering if it's because I have so much started and no 'due dates' for classes that I am just overwhelmed on what I should do.

And an update on the Date. We had dinner on Wednesday night. Here is a link to that update. I am guessing that he just didn't like what I had to say. I left a message (voie mail, not texts) on Thursday night and he replied with a text message about an hour and a half later. I didn't resond to it because he was out drinking with a buddy and I was on my way to bed and didn't want to start getting a bunch of texts then. I haven't contacted him since and I haven't heard from him either. I am guessing that he made his decision about what I had to say and he didn't like it. Oh, well. I am sure that I am better off without him!!Leave a Comment

Busy!
6:56 AM, Sunday, September 2, 2007 .. Posted by kim .. Edit .. Delete Jill, sounds like you had a busy day! Aren't dogs just great! I have one, Walter the Shih-Tsu, and I love it when he sits in my lap, especially when it is cold. Sounds like you have great movie companions. :) I'm so sorry about the little bird flying into your door. What a way to go! I had a cat once that would leave dead birds on the doormat like a present. Ugh! I read your other post concerning the date...getting it all out on the table now and letting the chips fall is so much better than waiting 'til later when you are in something that is harder to get out of. Good for you! Honesty is always the best policy! Kim
Untitled Comment
11:49 AM, Sunday, September 2, 2007 .. Posted by cre8tivequilter .. Edit .. Delete Holy cow you had a busy day! Sounds like you got a lot done; your quilt top for the comfort quilts looks great. I've done a few in that style latley too. I think you're better off without the date if he was just going to be like that. Move on. =) There's someone better out there. -Jen http://cre8tivequilter.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that you are right you are better with out the hassel.. smiles

Heather