Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mini Update

I know that I haven't posted in a couple of days and I haven't posted anything about when Jen was here or about the Retreat. Those posts will happen, I promise. I am uploading the last of my pictures to Webshots so that I can add them to my posts. Well, I just remembered that I have to take a couple of more pictures of things that I brought home with me.

Sunday, I ended up sleeping when I got home and then I unloaded the car and took all of my stuff upstairs. That was a job in itself. I ended up getting to sleep around 1 AM and I slept until just after 9 - as late as the dogs would allow.

I had taken Monday off and I am so glad that I did. I really needed the time to unwind and relax. I was able to put everything away and sew for awhile and watched some shows from my DVR. I finished up one block, but that was really it. I went to Patrice's for our Monday evening neighborhood Guild group get together and I worked on some more blocks. I was able to get about half of them cut. And Patrice, Judy and Jeanette only had good things to say about the Retreat. They are leaving for Paducah this morning and I can't wait until Monday to hear about all of the fun that they are going to have!

On Tuesday, work was awful. There were so many emails to wade through and I had a meeting with the CEO. I don't feel like I got anything done! Hopefully, today can be a more productive day. I will need to go in and turn iPercy, the iPod, on and jam and get some work done!

I think that I am also going to stop at Joann's on the way home and get some fat quarters to make a comfort quilt for the son of a co-worker. He came down with mono and has been in the hospital for a while and will be in for about 2-3 more weeks. I thought a quilt in his school colors would be nice for the time that he is still in the hospital and then recovering at home. We'll have to see if I can get it done or how long it will take me.

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Glad to have you back amoung us in blogland. Missed ya! After seeing Jen's pics, I love the pic of you two smiling! Good luck on the quilt!

Deb (vtquilter) said...

Glad you are back and it sounds like you had a great time (Jen's blog). Good luck wading through the pile up at work... I know coming back from time off is always a backlog.

Jen said...

I'm surprised you didn't just link to my blog!! LOL. I had sooooo much fun, I can't wait to sign up for next year!

Three Birds Inspired said...

Welcome back! Glad you and Jen had such a great time...as I was sure your would!