Saturday, April 11, 2009

5 out of 10

From my weekend goals list 5 out of 10 items are done. Woo hoo!! Last night, I cleaned my room and put all of my laundry away. It felt really nice waking up to no messes!

This morning, I had a Sewing Machine Basics class at Sew Ezy, the shop where I got my Janome. Pam, the owner, taught the class and I learned so much! I can't wait to take the next class on the machine to learn more about the special stitches that I can do. If anyone in the Cincinnati area is in the market for a machine, I highly recommend going to see Pam!

After class, I ran to Target and found a couple of things I needed. Then, I stopped by the library and went for lunch. By the time I came home, I was so sleepy. I decided to lay down for a nap.... 3 hours later....

Anyway, when I got up and got the dogs situated, I went to the basement and quilted! It took about 3 hours and I was done with Regina's Boy Scout quilt!

100_1472

The center of the quilt is an appliqued badge that Regina wanted to stand out somehow. I used a greenish brown variegated on the rest of the quilt, but didn't think that it would stand out too well on the red. I switched to a red top thread and did a very dense stipple just on the red. I think it looks pretty good.

100_1473

Now, though, I am whooped. Nothing else accomplished. I think it's time to hit the sack!

2 comments:

Regina said...

It looks so totally AWESOME!!!!!!!
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!! Matt loves it, too!

Jen said...

It really turned out great!!