Saturday, October 2, 2010

Monthly Accomplishments - September 2010

This month was not too shabby. There was a weekend used for the shop hop after all.
  1. Cut the fabric for the Split Decision quilt using the Whimsy line
  2. Finished quilting the SIS quilt and got the binding and a label on
  3. Almost finished the Bento Box blocks.
  4. Made bindings for 6 charity quilts. Only got 1 quilt completed though.
  5. Went to a new quilt guild with Barb
  6. Went on a shop hop with Barb! Day 1 and Day 2. I also won a $25 gift certificate! Woo hoo!
  7. Wrote a tutorial on using the Curve Master foot that was acquired during the shop hop.
  8. Started working on the black and white blocks and ran into a little trouble. I have figured out how to correct it, but I haven't gotten back to the blocks yet.
  9. Finished crocheting all of the granny squares for my afghan.
  10. Finished the binding and labeled the Memories of Santa quilt.
  11. Finished knitting my sweater back and started on the sleeves.
  12. Quilted a wall hanging for a retiring co-worker.
  13. Made 2 Amish Puzzle pin cushions - one for a swap and one for the Fall Into Fall Giveaway.
  14. I also worked a little on the Bear cross stitch and I am farther along that I originally thought I was! Woo hoo!! 
  15. Drew up 4 quilts in EQ7 and submitted them to AccuQuilt for their EQ7 challenge. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are picked!
October has great promise due to the Shipshewana Quilt Retreat in less than 3 weeks. I am very excited!!! :)

September was also a good month for reading!
  1. Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult - Typical Picoult. Very good!!
  2. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks - A tear jerker and not as good as the movie was. But still a good read.
  3. The 9th Judgement by James Patterson - Very intense! This was the latest installment of the Women's Murder Club and I really enjoy reading books where the main characters/protagonists are strong women. :)
  4. The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith - The latest installment of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency was like coming home to old friends. Doesn't it sometimes seem like the sequels take too long to be published? I really enjoy listening to the antics of Precious Ramotswe and Grace Makutsi!
  5. Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber - A very fast and easy read. A little predictable and a little hard to digest, but a nice read.
  6. Honeymoon with Murder by Carolyn G. Hart - I started reading this book a while ago and finally picked it back up to finish it this month. I really enjoy these cozy mysteries, but this one seemed a little slow to start for me. Once it gets going though, there is a lot of action and it's pretty quick to finish! :)
 Hours were OK, but I know that the quilting hours will go through the roof with the retreat and retreat prep! :)

Hours spent - quilting - 37; knitting - 11.5; crocheting - 6.5; cross stitching - 2.5

Maisy did pretty good this month, too. She is working hard on those unfinished bones! lol

9 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! You were productive! I should start keeping a lust like this, like progress notes!

Babs said...

So jealous of your whimsy...sigh!
And of all you've gotten done :)
HOLLLlAAAA!
-Babs

Jennifer said...

Great month! And can't wait until retreat!

quiltingnana said...

you certainly have accomplished a lot....

Laura said...

I am continually amazed at how much you seem to get done every month!

SheilaC said...

wOw!!! You have had a wonderful month!
I don't think I set foot into my sewing room since August :(

Love your grandma's quilt.

SheilaC

Gina said...

You got loads done. At this rate you won't have anything to take to your retreat. LOL

Love and hugs Gina xxx

elizabeth said...

WOW JILL, YOU DID A LOT AGAIN. GREAT WORK. SOUNDS LIKE YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE GET A WAY. GOOD LUCK... LOVE ALL THE WORK MAISY IS DOING ALSO . . . LOL

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Great completion list for September! I, too, read the 9th Judgement last month - typical Patterson but he always seems to throw a twist in there I wasn't expecting. We have a few of those bones around our house - not some of Snickerdoodles or Weasleys favorite.