Monday, April 18, 2011

IQF - Quilts 2011

**Warning! Picture heavy post ahead!**

I'm sure that you are all thinking that it's about time that I posted the pictures of the quilts from the show. :)

As usual, I am going to post my favorites in the post, but all of the pictures are in the slide show at the bottom of this post. And just like any slide show, you can speed up the show or slow it down or set it so that you advance the pictures when you want.

The quilts were mainly art quilts with a few traditional patterns thrown in for the Special Exhibits. And quite a few of the Special Exhibits were marked as No Photography. In spite of all this, it was still really neat to see what other quilters are working on!

Also, when there was a a quilt that I liked, I generally took a close up of the quilt to get a detail or quilting ideas. You can click on any of these pictures to get a closer view as well.

This quilt was a whole cloth quilt and the color was painted on after the quilting was done.

100_3762

100_3763

This little pup was just adorable! Reminded me of a dog that we had when I was growing up. (If ever a dog needed to 'comb her face....')

100_3765

The quilter even puffed up it's nose!

100_3766

Regina got a little distracted....

100_3779

The quilting on this one was pretty cool!

100_3787

This portrait was all yo yo's and painted.

100_3804


100_3805

The quilting on this castle was amazing! There is a dragon on each side of the towers in the sky.

100_3806

100_3807

A Hoffman Challenge quilt. Most of the others are in the slide show.

100_3821

Words can't really describe this one...

100_3832

100_3833

And President Lincoln was immortalized in fabric.

100_3840

Overall, a very interesting show! I was a little disappointed in the number of quilts. I think that there were more quilts in Columbus at the NQA show in June, but that could also be because they are all grouped together and every time I have been to NQA it has been for 1 day only.

No matter what, I am very happy to have the IQF in Cincinnati for the time being!!



Cincinnati IQF 2011

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the one of the dog was sooo amazing! I fell in love with Marianne Willaimson's quilts. So beautiful!

Libby said...

My goodness! The quilting detail on these is stunning!! Thanks for sharing!

elizabeth said...

I first thought the dog was real.. It was so detailed. loved all the quilts thanks for sharing since i didnt get to go to the show.

antique quilter said...

oh Jill thank you for sharing amazing quilts....
Kathie