Saturday, October 15, 2011

Buzzin' Along

Last weekend, I wanted to get so much done, but I ended up sleeping a lot. I was still battling the exhausted feeling on Monday and Tuesday and decided to try taking a multi vitamin and extra vitamin B. I started these on Tuesday and WOW! What a difference! I felt almost perky within an hour or so of taking them.

This morning, I was awake at 6:45 and when sleep didn't return immediately, I got up and started sewing! Completely unheard of for me on a weekend morning when I didn't have a reason to be up before 9.

I had to meet my sister around 10:30 to take care of my youngest nephew for a couple of hours and I watched his soccer game and then took him to Taco Bell, or as he calls it Jingle Bells. He got a trophy, a drink and a gift bag with cookies and Halloween goodies and he was so excited because there was a pencil in the bag!


After swapping Ethan back to my BIL, I went to Meijer for a big sale. I saved almost 50% this trip which is pretty good because I didn't have a coupon for everything and I didn't spend too long preparing the coupons that I did have. But I got some goodies for retreat. Woo hoo!

When I got home, I fully expected to be ready to crash for one of my 2 hour weekend naps, but I wasn't really falling over tired. I was a little wore out, but I put the groceries away and then sewed. Don't get me wrong, I still needed a nap eventually, but it was only one hour! Not sure if it is definitely the vitamins, but as good as I am feeling right now, I am going to keep taking them!

After my nap and an awesome dinner, I put the final stitches in the bug jar quilt top!

100_4209

Here is a close up of a block and the sashings. I fussy cut the horizontal sashing on the bias so that it would look like a shelf.

100_4210

I really like how this turned out and I can't wait to get it quilted and wrap a nephew in it!

And now, I think that I am going to work on a couple more bags! It's just fantastic to have the energy to keep training for my quilt retreat that is in less than 2 weeks!!!

8 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day! Hmmmm...maybe I need some vitamins and vitB. A few years ago I got a Vitamin B12 shot and I thought I would work myself too death, I had so much energy. I hope it lasts for you.

Love that bug jar quilt! He will love it! I really like that woodgrain fabric it is perfect for that quilt.
Kristie

Marj said...

The bug jar turned out really cute. Hope you keep feeling energized.

Ruthie said...

What a super cute nephew you have and that bug jar quilt is great. I was up today at 6:45 and didn't feel a bit sleepy, so I got up. I spent the past week getting up with the baby by 7:00 so Dane could get some extra sleep.

Jennifer said...

Great top! Glad you got some dedicated time with your nephew :)

elizabeth said...

Great job Jill, I love the bug quilt. Hey is there anyway I could get you to loan me the pattern sometime? I think my grandson would love it. He loves bugs.

Libby said...

That quilt is adorable!! I can't wait to hear about your retreat! Hope you do a post and show everything you are taking to work on!

Barb said...

I lost your blog for the longest time--I am so happy to have found you again!

I LOVE, love, love your bug quilt!

Enjoy your quilt retreat!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

That turned out AWESOME! The wood fabric definitely adds to it. Cool!