Thursday, December 22, 2011

Book Review Thursday - 12/22

I haven't been reading much this week so I will be all caught up with these reviews. I was thinking that I should try and listen to the Christmas books that I have and I finished one, but I just can't seem to get into the next one. I still have a couple of days so we'll see what happens.

In Cold Case, the 11th book in the Barbara Holloway series by Kate Wilhelm, David Etheridge returns to Eugene more than twenty years after his college friend was murdered. Robert McCrutchen was around on the night of the murder and starts asking questions when David returns and within days, Robert is murdered. David is charged with Robert's murder and serious questions have been raised about the cold case.

I think that I actually had this mystery solved early in the book. I've said it before and I will say it again... Kate Wilhelm is my new favorite author! I only have one more book in this series and I will be current so I am going to savor it. I just really enjoy the stories and the characters and how Wilhelm moves everyone in the series forward in each book instead of having them lead the same old boring lives 17 books into the series. These characters learn from their mistakes and make rational decisions and think things through. Wilhelm is a great author!

Knit the Season is the third novel in the Friday Night Knitting Club series by Kate Jacobs. I just checked and Jacobs only has 4 books published - the FNKC series and Comfort Food which I read last year and was pretty good, as well.

All of the characters are back in Knit the Season and it has been 7 or so years since Georgia passed away. The members of the club have decided that it is time to share all of their memories about Georgia with Dakota as she struggles with her school and visions of her career and balancing family into the mix.

This was a good listen/read and it was light enough to not be a Debbie Downer for the holiday season. Quite a few laugh out loud parts. It was overall and nice heart warming follow up to the other Club books. I can't wait for more!

No comments: