Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Review Thursday - 8/16

Just one book review for this week. I guess I was slacking with the reading while I was sewing up a storm!
 
Killer Insight is the fourth book in the Psychic Eye Mystery series by Victoria Laurie. In this book, Abby and Dutch’s relationship falls in the pooper and she runs off to Denver where her childhood friend has asked her to be a bridesmaid for her wedding that is just a week away. Abby doesn’t ask her ‘crew’ and agrees immediately to leave town and head out. And when Abby doesn’t check with her ‘crew,’ it means trouble. Bridesmaids are disappearing from the wedding party left and right.

When Abby firsts sees pictures of a bridesmaid who is supposed to be in California with a boyfriend, the picture shows Abby that the bridesmaid is dead and Abby thinks that the high altitude of Denver is just messing with her abilities. But the bride’s sheriff brother looks into it and agrees that something fishy is going on and asks Abby to help him investigate.

I thought that this was a nice addition to the series and it was a very quick read for me. A quick read as in I finished is in about 2 days. I like the characters, but I am not sure that everyone would take to Abby’s psychic abilities as quickly as they always seem to do. I guess that I supposed that there would be more skeptics along the way. But the series is entertaining and the characters are quirky and the next book is already waiting for me at the library!

Are you reading anything interesting? If you want to see what I am reading now, check my Goodreads widget in the sidebar.

No comments: