Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 10/24

I had a great week! It was mostly in part to going on retreat from Thursday to Sunday and really concentrating on sewing. :)

I got the 2 Midget blocks done.



I made the next set of BOM blocks for Paris in the Fall.



I actually put the final stitches into the binding of the blue star baby quilt last night. I just need to wash the quilt and I can give it to the new family. I love the movement in this quilt! I used the mini Ebb and Flow panto and a variegated Aurifil thread in the top with a Bottom Line in the bobbin. ***ETA - the pattern for the star quilt is from the book Sew One and You're Done by Evelyn Sloppy. The pattern is Garden Magic.





I also got the blocks made for my Leader/Ender project. Now, I can lay them out on the design wall.



I made great progress on the fifth Scrap Squad. The center is assembled and I just need to add the inner and outer borders! It looks sharp! I am going to work on getting it done this week so that I can have it revealed soon on the QuiltMaker's blog.



And for those of you who may have missed it, my fourth Scrap Squad was revealed. My post with the progression of the quilt is here. Check that post for a full view of this quilt.



See? A great week! I just have to keep the momentum going!

Last week... 
Two Midget blocks and pull fabrics for next 10
Make next 2 sets of BOM blocks - only made 1 set
Finish the blue baby quilt
Make goodies for the Blog Hop Giveaway
Make great progress on the next Scrap Squad

Next week...
Two Midget blocks and pull fabrics for next 10
Make next 2 sets of BOM blocks
Finish the blue baby quilt
Make goodies for the Blog Hop Giveaway
Make great progress on the next Scrap Squad

I linked up at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

Jodie Marie said...

where can i get that baby star quilt pattern?

thea said...

love the baby quilt! and the backing is so cute.

SewCalGal said...

What a beautiful star quilt. Love it.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kristie said...

Looks like you had a good but busy time.
Kristie

Marla said...

That giant star is great. I also love the purpley quilt. The effect in the block centers is cool.

Jennifer said...

The quilting on the star looks great! Love that panto.