Yesterday, I had a delivery.
Lula was very intrigued by the package. And the bubble wrap!
And here was what was inside.
Another Singer 301a with a carrying case and the cords and that is it.
I haven't tried it out yet, but the wheel moves by hand easily and everything else moves as it should. The cord is different from my first 301a - the foot pedal cord and power cord are all one piece. And this one was born in 1953 in Anderson, SC. My old one was born in 1954.
Here she is out of the box.
After the excitement, I did a little piecing on the first 301a and the foot pedal went berserk. I had to take both foot pedals apart to figure out how to fix the broken one. Once I got it back together, I have much more control over the speed. Before I fixed it, there were 2 speeds - off and ZIPPY!
I also organized another quilt to cut out. I might get to that tonight.
My plan with this new 301a is to make up a little sewing area in the basement so that I can do a little piecing in between passes on the frame. I found that if I take little breaks here and there, it can save my back while quilting. Since there is always something to work on, I might actually make progress on some tops!