Monday, August 19, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 8/19

Saturday and Sunday, I laid out the rest of the A and B blocks for Easy Street. I organized the blocks into piles so that I could do some strip piecing.

101_2060

Yesterday, I pieced one block together keeping all of the rows attached to each other so that it would get out of order. I sewed the first 2 parts for the first row and then the first two parts for the next row and so on and didn't clip the rows apart. And then I sewed the third unit onto the first 2 for all the rows and so on. This is what I ended up with.

101_2064

Then, I pressed the rows. I still didn't clip the rows apart. It was a little cumbersome during the pressing, but I know that nothing was out of order.

101_2065

And then, I sewed the rows together and pressed the block. It is the block to the right.

101_2066

I think these are turning out really well! And with this piecing technique, I am going to be able to take the piles of block parts to the basement and work on them while I do a little quilting. I might just get these blocks all assembled before the end of the month!

See what others have on their Design Walls on Judy's blog and how others are working on the long term projects on Lynette's blog!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks great - I chained mine when I did them too (but didn't keep them together as long as you did). It is a nice way to keep things in order.

Sue Daurio said...

Look awesome!

Rhonda R. said...

This looks great. What a fun quilt with the blue and green on B/W background.

Gari in AL said...

When I saw the thumbnail I knew those blocks looked familiar. This is such a great quilt (if you like little pieces) and I know I felt GREAT when I had mine all together. Have fun.

Mary said...

You're getting this one finished before the next Mystery. Good Job! Webbing the seams is always a good thing.

Kim S said...

Your colors are wonderful!

Lynette said...

Such gorgeous fabrics. :D Yeah - I get a little impatient with the cumbersome aspect of pressing while doing the web-sewing approach, but it sure does have its organizational merits!!