Sunday, January 26, 2020

January UFO Update

I've had a couple of sew days this month at my house and have gotten to work a bit on my January UFO Talkin' Turkey. I am almost done with the last round on the 30 blocks. Then, I will need to make sashing and assemble the blocks and do the borders. Piece of cake! All of the units are done. It is just a matter of sewing and pressing and sewing some more! Last week, I pressed the units.


Last night, I decided to take a break from decluttering and I started attaching the units to the center of the blocks. I'm hoping that I can finish the blocks up in the next few days and get the top assembled by next weekend.


Speaking of decluttering, I have been following the 91-day declutter challenge from Mary Organizes blog. I tried this challenge a few years ago and got hung up in the kitchen. This year, I made great progress in my bedroom and bath and am hung up on the kitchen again. BUT! Next week is the laundry room which isn't much in my house so I am going to keep at the kitchen. My goal is to move all of my sewing/quilting items back upstairs into my studio but in an organized manner. It feels so good to get some things out of the house that I am not using or needing anymore. I've been working on selling things and things are moving out slowly but surely!

And I got the dogs new fleece jackets for the cold weather. Lula likes to wear hers and her tail is wagging non stop when we walk and she has it on. Kinsey, on the other hand, has to be goading into wearing it when I know it's cold enough outside that she needs it.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Nice progress on the ufo - I’ve been working on one this month too - just need to sew down the binding now. The pups are cute in their fleeces, give them a pet for me!