Saturday, October 22, 2011

FNSI Results - 10/21

What a productive night!! I didn't work on the applique that I thought I would, but I got so much done that I will be able to work on the applique this weekend.

To start, I machine stitched the binding down on the last charity quilt I quilted. I did this in the morning before heading to work. And the dogs have tested it so I need to wash it before I turn it in.

100_4219

Last night, I spent less than 2 hours quilting and finished the quilting on Regina's Blue quilt. I used the Square Spiral panto, a tan variegated King Tut thread in the top and a Bottom Line in the bobbin. I think that the design and thread choice are very sharp on this quilt!

100_4220

100_4221

100_4223

This week, I ordered a couple of replacement parts for the quilt frame to fix the issues that I have been having with the carriage movement on the tracks. They will be here any day now and I am going to wait to load another quilt until I have it all set up. I can't wait to be able to move the machine while following pantos without having it fight me about where it wants to go!

After I was done quilting, I buried the threads on this quilt - marked with the blue painter's tape in case you are wondering - and on the other quilt that I quilted for Regina. Then, I packed up a box to send to her. I'm on my way to drop it at the post office now!

Max thinks I did a great job on the quilting here.

100_4222

11 comments:

Kate said...

The quilting looks great!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You did well! I did some sewing too last night but forgot it was FNSI so I didn't officially sign up. But I was happy to sit at the sewing machine... finally!

Marj said...

Love that panto. Regina is going to be thrilled. Max is a great quilt inspector and so cute too.Happy Quilting!

Kristie said...

You were busy! Love that panto on the quilt. Looks great! I also mark my threads with painter's tape. :) It makes it so much easier that way.
Kristie

Jennifer said...

Great job - love the spiral square on Regina's quilt.

scraphappy said...

The square spiral is perfect on that quilt. Hope your frame issues are resolved soon, it is no fun fighting with a machine.

Jean(ie) said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

You sure did have a productive FNSI. Max is right... you did do a great job on the quilting.

Deanna said...

Regina is sure to be nearly as pleased as Max.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

I agree with Max. It looks great!

Cherise said...

The quilt is beautiful! The quilting is perfect for this quilt! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower! Have a Great Day! :)