Thursday, July 5, 2012

Late in the week update....

The last couple of weeks have been bonkers!! I didn't realize that it had been a week since I posted until I got ready to write the book review earlier. UGH!!

Work was crazy last week with it being our year end and the beginning of this week was hectic. I wanted to get out of the office by 3 on Tuesday so it meant a bit of a rush to get some things done.

Tuesday night, the city set off fireworks at the park up the street from my condo and we had a block party with food and drinks and the neighbors. I was able to leave work early to get to the store and pick up some last minute things and then come home and start setting up with my neighbors. It was hot as hell out there, but I think we all had a great time.

Of course, that meant that I didn't post anything for Tiny Tuesday. I didn't even make a block!

My evenings have also been all about watering. I keep trying to get the dogs to pee in the shaded grass in the common area and they keep trying to sneak past me and pee in the full sun grass directly in front of my condo and Kim and Aaron's condo. So we are trying to keep the grass well watered and repair damage that they did back in May. This means that I am watering about an hour each morning on the weekend and at least 20 minutes every night. Did I mention that it has been hot as hell? Luckily, there isn't much grass to water considering the condo living.

And I haven't been able to walk the dogs since Monday morning. It has just been too miserable at night and pretty humid in the mornings. We will get back to it eventually.

On the bright side, I think that Lula realizes the issue with the heat and hasn't been sending me memos via puddles and piles on the floor!

And speaking of Lula, there were some fireworks being set off after the city fireworks. I was in the process of taking the dogs out and only had Lula out to visit with everyone and she freaked out when something went off. My neighbor thought that he could help her cope so he held her tight and was talking soothingly into her ear when another one went off and she freaked again. She ended up pooping on/right next to him. Poor girl! So we recuperated on Wednesday and she got to rest a lot!

This weekend, I have plans on getting at least 1 quilt quilted and finishing up the Scrap Squad top. I have all of my tools ready to go and I am excited about finishing the top and seeing how it turns out!! And I am pretty sure that I know what the quilting plan is for it, as well. I can't wait to show it off!

I have to remember to take some more pictures, but here is one to show how happy Lula has been. She loves the basket 'o dog toys and had it about half empty before I piled everything back into it. She is just a bundle of energy and would play for hours if there was someone to toss a toy for her!



Zany Quilter said...

That is fantastic...about Lulu fitting in so well!! Congrats...I live in the Las Vegas and know about dog pee and hot grass...LOL. Keep watering and I hope you get some sewing time soon!

Kristie said...

This heat is miserable isn't it? I thought I would die those few days that our power was off and it well over 100 degrees. I just wanted to cry. I told Richard that my fat rolls were sweating!!! The weatherman said tonight that we still had several more days of 100 degree weather. :(

Regina said...

hot and dry here, too... miserable! Thank goodness for the sprinkler as the rain barrels are nearly dry!

Jean(ie) said...

I don't miss the heat and humidity at all! Like I said yesterday(?) I'm glad that Lula is settling in.I know she now has a wonderful home.

Infinity Quilter/Knitter said...

Poor Lula! The boys have to go in the basement during the week of 4th of July. Hope it's a little cooler there now.

Jennifer said...

Hope the rest of the week was okay for Lula...poor Maisy in the background of the she doing ok with her "little sister " now?