Monday, March 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 3/11

The weekend was spent cleaning and working on quilting Lynn's quilt. The cleaning was semi-successful, but there is still quite a bit to do.

The quilting was very successful! I haven't had a chance to take a full picture yet because it was getting darker when I was ready for it and there are still a lot of threads to be buried, but here are some detail shots.

I used a slightly off white Connecting Threads in the top and a Bottom line in the bobbin.

101_1403

101_1404

So much better than the last attempt I made, but this was quite time consuming to quilt.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yep, it is time consuming, I see you did it free hand. Otherwise it would have been even longer! I think it looks great though. I'm going to do the same thing on a triangle border of a scrap quilt. Except I'm only going to do two arcs and move across the border that way. It's almost ready to quilt -- still need to load the top but I also need to come up with a plan for the outer borders. I need to do some heavy duty planning here.

Rhonda said...

I think it looks great, much better than anything I could do!!

Regina said...

wonderful!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Ooooo. I LIKE that quilting pattern! I need to get mine quilted and I was thinking something like bubbles or circles. Just to soften all the squares.

Teri said...

It takes lots and lots of practice (and sometimes a ruler) to make those look perfect. I did a little bit of that type quilting this weekend also. Great job on another finish.

Beth said...

You did a very nice job on these. I have been drooling on your blog and a couple of other machine quilting blogs. No quilting machine here to play with..BUT it got delivered to the dealer and will be delivered to MY house in the next week or two. I GUESS I can wait that long! lol (like I have a CHOICE!)

Jennifer said...

It does look fantastic!