Monday, May 6, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 5/6

Tonight, I dropped a few quilts off at the OVQG quilt meeting to be part of our display at the South Lebanon School House Quilt show this weekend. I was in a rush to turn them in so I didn't get a picture of all of the quilts stacked together for my design wall.

When I got home from the Guild meeting, I snuggled with the pups for a few minutes and then went to the basement to try and finish the quilt on the frame.

I used an orange and yellow variegated Connecting Threads Essentials thread on the top and a Bottom Line in the bobbin and I definitely had issues with the upper thread breaking. I think it is a combination of the batting and not having the spool attachment for the machine. I am getting one of the attachments this weekend!

101_1736

In trying to use some things up, I used a poly batting on the charity quilts. They are nice and puffy!

I just quilted loops on this one.

101_1738

I picked up another kid quilt and 2 QOVs to be quilted this month. More practice!

See what others have on their design walls here.

9 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love the orange!!!

thea said...

Such a bright quilt! I am sure it will be loved.

Anonymous said...

The loops leave it nice and puffy. Soon I have to stop piecing and start practicing quilting too.

Jennifer said...

Looks great! I bet you're amazed how quickly it quilts up with the extra throat space!

Beth said...

Love the brights!You handing out sunglasses with that orange?? lol (I did that once with a baby quilt! too funny!) I seem to have more trouble with different backings than anything else. Just the 'getting to know you blues' Your quilting looks great!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

That is a bright quilt!

wtpooh11 said...

I love the bright colors. It is really a great quilt.

Jean(ie) said...

I bet you're having fun getting to know your new machine.

Regina said...

LOVE the orange!