Well, the machine runs. I think there is a fair amount of operator error so I have been a little hard on myself. But considering that I have done this without any physical help... I think that I have done pretty well and I need to stop beating myself up. Jennifer has helped via email and I am very appreciative of that!!
Edited to add..... I heard from the quilt shop today that I bought the Avante from and we have an appointment for tomorrow to make sure everything is in order. I hope I can get the table level tonight so that we don't have to mess with that. :)
So here is what I have done so far...
These are both with Connecting Threads Essentials thread that I have used a lot on the old system. It is VERY linty, but I have so much of it. I was hoping to be able to use it up, but I think that I will be including some of it in with the sale of the Mega Quilter.
That last pictures shows one of the many thread breaks I had.
And here is a little more of that thread and another thread break. I do have to say that the stitches up until the break are perfect!
I loaded a Halloween colored Aurifil thread and it was amazing! I think that there was only one break with this thread. I tried a little ribbon quilting.
And then some bigger loops.
I also had some great experience with King Tut thread. I have several more types of thread to test, but I am happy to know that there are some that I can use!